Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LicketyxxSplit

Red coolant turning light pink in four days... Why?

5 posts in this topic

So I just moved my system from a Corsair Spec Alpha into a Thermaltake Core X71, also purchasing a Thermaltake liquid cooling kit, a GTX 1080 water block & some other accessories not associated with the loop, all from Amazon... I finished the build about a week ago & everything is running as smooth as ever. But my red coolant which was originally a nice blood red color, has now started to fade away into a light pink. Well not exactly the coolant, but it looks as if the tubes and other clear parts (water block, reservoir) have started to turn this "pink" in certain areas, not entirely... It started as little as four days after completing the build & has been continuously getting worse. It's only the color, the temperatures and everything else remains the same, for now. Keeping a sharp eye on everything until I get my situation figured out. 

Not a PC genius whatsoever. Started about a year ago. All help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

(Will update with photos if needed, but I think the main point was addressed) 

Rodgerkayaf likes this

Did you do flushes on the rad before putting in the red? A good undocumented method is to clean the parts with DI first, then run a 10% vinegar flush (100mL vinegar / 900mL water) for five minutes in the rad with good shaking, then flush the system well with a couple swaps of DI before loading the coolant. Flux and crud can release upon startup changing the fluid.

If you did do full system flushes with vinegar or a pre-system flush product, then the coolant may be a bit weird... but UV can also affect if you're using UV lighting. A lot of people on forums and on Newegg, etc have complained about the C1000 fluid leaving a white coating on the pipes but my discussion with TT referenced that when you do initial startup you should run the red for 24 hours straight minimum on startup.

I'm not using the C1000, I've gone with Primochill for a transparent red with no UV lighting.

Thermal liquid cooling agent should be used in an appropriate way.There are some precautions should be taken before use of cooling agents. This rewardedessays.com is helping the people to improve the quality of the production.