VENTUS X Optical RGB Owner's club

Tt David

VENTUS X Optical RGB

Tt eSPORTS Announces New VENTUS X Optical RGB Gaming Mouse at CES2017.jpg

P/N:MO-VXO-WDOOBK-01

The VENTUS X Optical RGB gaming mouse comes packed with the latest tech to meet the needs of hardcore gaming enthusiasts. At the heart, a powerful PIXART PMW-3360 optical engine powers the mouse with up to 12,000 DPI options. The addition of a two zone 16.8 million RGB color illumination in both static and pulse lighting effects adds stunning color to your gaming experience coupled with an innovative aerodynamically inspired design airflow ventilation system to provide enhanced cooling during your gaming sessions. Additionally the use of both an ARM 32 BIT controller and OMRON 20-million click rated switches provide lightning fast responses and durability when you need it most.

03.png02.png04.png

01.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey just picked up this mouse and had it arrive yesterday. Overall solid performer but not ready to leave a review yet (will do so here and on other sites)

The software is a little unpolished and not too intuitive (command center) but disregarding that for now I'm having one issue I can't seem to resolve on my own. Upon every time I shut off my computer or restart when I turn it back on the mouse is using a different DPI step than the one I assigned. I have to re-open the command center and click on the profile I'm using for it to re-apply the settings and then it's where I want it to be.

So I figured maybe the mouse is defaulting to a different profile - so I set every single profile #1-5 to the same exact settings. I restart again and still the same issue, it reverts to some higher dpi step (feels like something over 800 lower than 1600). When I swap to any of the profiles (which are all the same exact settings) it applies the settings but then I cannot hit the 'apply' or 'ok' button at the bottom of the program unless I make a change then it works - regardless it still resets.

There appears to be no 'save to mouse' button anywhere - I only see a delete profile, create new profile, import, and export. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my biggest gripe having to re-apply the profile again and again. I believe it to be a software problem.

For reference my settings are as follows
All buttons - default
DPI Button - disabled

LEDs - disabled

LOD - Low
Angle Snapping - Off
Button delay - 2 notches above 4ms, I assume it either goes up in intervals of 1 or 2ms - since it starts with 4ms and ends with 32ms I assume it's 2? So 8ms?
1 DPI Level
DPI: 400

This setting is the same for profiles 1-5, yet it resets every time when my pc turns on. It appears the mouse has something else saved to memory and it only uses those settings temporarily

Edit: Just want to update you that I've tried
Disabling profiles 2-5 and only leaving profile #1 enabled with one dpi step of 400. Didn't work
Made 5 dpi levels and set all of them to 400, didn't work

The only workaround I've found is setting profile #1 and #2 to enabled and making them a copy of each other (same settings) then when my pc boots on I hit the 'profile switch' button and it will cycle to profile 1 or 2. Then it will be using the proper settings. However after every shutdown/restart the mouse defaults to a high LOD, default click-delay, and a very high dpi.. 1200-2000ish? I have tried everything I can think of and it still will not save the 'performance' steps.. I mean they exist because I can get to them with the profile button.. but there's some type of thing the mouse is defaulting too upon every reboot and I cannot figure out what it is.

Just an update on the situation.. I contacted your social media guy on facebook (or girl) whomever - and they said they got in touch with the PM (I assume that's product manager) and said they will able to reproduce the mouse not remembering the DPI step - not sure if this applies to everything not being remembered but he/she mentioned that it had to do with me using such a low dpi step and that it will be patched.

I'm hoping it will resolve the issue

Just an update on the situation.. I contacted your social media guy on facebook (or girl) whomever - and they said they got in touch with the PM (I assume that's product manager) and said they will able to reproduce the mouse not remembering the DPI step - not sure if this applies to everything not being remembered but he/she mentioned that it had to do with me using such a low dpi step and that it will be patched.

I'm hoping it will resolve the issue

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep tracking the issue and fix it soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello David,

First and foremost thank you to you and the team for resolving this issue. I just want to confirm with you that this does fix the problem and the mouse remembers the correct performance settings upon both restarts and unplugging the device.

Thanks for your feedback :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to let you and others browsing here know a lot of discussion/reviews/posts about this mouse are located here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1601975/tt-esports-ventus-x-optical-3360-announced

It's funny because you see the thread before its released go to speculation "It's heavy, looks silly" and turns into people actually getting it and going "I love it" :P
Just be careful any thermaltake employees the first few pages aren't the nicest posts.. but then the thread gets really good at the end where all the users are happy with it

Enjoy all!

Just want to let you and others browsing here know a lot of discussion/reviews/posts about this mouse are located here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1601975/tt-esports-ventus-x-optical-3360-announced

It's funny because you see the thread before its released go to speculation "It's heavy, looks silly" and turns into people actually getting it and going "I love it" :P

Just be careful any thermaltake employees the first few pages aren't the nicest posts.. but then the thread gets really good at the end where all the users are happy with it

Enjoy all!

Thanks for sharing!

Hi,

Whenever i unplug or reboot it switches to a higher DPI, i have to hit the dpi button on top to switch back to 400.

I've tried the new V1.0254 software, but it does not fix the DPI bug for me.

I've disabled profile 2-5,

1 DPI level set to 400,

All buttons are default, except for the DPI/Profile switcher,

I'm running Win 10.

Hi David,

No luck with this one either.

Things i've tried so far:

Set profile 1-5 to the same settings.

Uninstalled v1.0254.

Installed V2.0000.

Reboot after each install & uninstall.

Ran both v1.0254 & V2 as admin.

Tried compatibility mode with Win 7 & 8 with both software versions.

Edit:

Tried v1.0254 & V2.0000 on Win 7 home x64, but again to no avail.

Why can't i save the DPI to the mouse? Am i doing something wrong??

Edited by Erfie

I've tested the DPI on our mouse and it didn't change DPI after we unplug it. 

Could you please try to use DPI 11000 and 100 then reboot it see if your mouse can record the setting? 

Doesn't work either.

I'm out of ideas, it seems that the firmware is somehow broke on my version.

Hello .... i got an ventus x and i plug it in it worked fine until i instaled the driver ... the mouse it's stuck ... i can't move it but the buTtons are working but when i move it it dosent work

Could you reinstall the software and open the software with "Ctrl + Shift" again?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, is there any update to this bug? I just got this mouse and set it to 800 DPI, however whenever it is unplugged and replugged or computer restarted it's on a way higher DPI until I press the profile button. 

I've tried 100 and 10000 dpi and they work and also tried both softwares

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

another proud owner of the TT Ventus X RGB optical reporting in. I love this mouse, however, I wanted to report a couple of bugs that I have not seen listed in this thread yet. I've already sent a mail about this but haven't heard from anyone so far. The bugs have been confirmed by at least 3 other people as can be read in the topic on OC.net starting from this post: http://www.overclock.net/t/1601975/tt-esports-ventus-x-optical-3360-announced/420#post_25991574(next couple of pages contain info on the bugs)

The issues:

1. Pressing M3 and either M1 or M2 at excatly the same time, the M1 or M2 will get stuck. Easiest way to reproduce: start paint, choose 2 different colors, press M3 + M1. I can reproduce it half the times I try this, the button gets stuck. Same goes for M3 + M2 (choose another color), you will see it gets stuck until M1 (or M2) gets pressed. Pressing M3 again will not fix it.
  2. When M3 + M5 is pressed, the mouse cycles to the next profile, like it mimics the dpi button functionality. I can cycle through all my (3) profiles with it and see the color profiles light up when doing that. This behaviour does not occur for M3 + M4.
  3. Pressing and holding M3 and THEN pressing other buttons (M1, M2, M4) causes them to fail to register. All except M5, which has another issue (see item 2).

Firmware Version: 1.06

Software Version: 1.0.2.54 (I've downloaded the version from the website prior to this but that didn't help, was ~2 months ago, don't remember the version).

So far I've seen reports from people with 1.06 and also 1.07 firmware, and multiple different versions of the software. These issues make the mouse pretty unusable for people needing the M3 button. Is there any news about an update?

Hey there,

another proud owner of the TT Ventus X RGB optical reporting in. I love this mouse, however, I wanted to report a couple of bugs that I have not seen listed in this thread yet. I've already sent a mail about this but haven't heard from anyone so far. The bugs have been confirmed by at least 3 other people as can be read in the topic on OC.net starting from this post: http://www.overclock.net/t/1601975/tt-esports-ventus-x-optical-3360-announced/420#post_25991574(next couple of pages contain info on the bugs)

The issues:

1. Pressing M3 and either M1 or M2 at excatly the same time, the M1 or M2 will get stuck. Easiest way to reproduce: start paint, choose 2 different colors, press M3 + M1. I can reproduce it half the times I try this, the button gets stuck. Same goes for M3 + M2 (choose another color), you will see it gets stuck until M1 (or M2) gets pressed. Pressing M3 again will not fix it.
  2. When M3 + M5 is pressed, the mouse cycles to the next profile, like it mimics the dpi button functionality. I can cycle through all my (3) profiles with it and see the color profiles light up when doing that. This behaviour does not occur for M3 + M4.
  3. Pressing and holding M3 and THEN pressing other buttons (M1, M2, M4) causes them to fail to register. All except M5, which has another issue (see item 2).

Firmware Version: 1.06

Software Version: 1.0.2.54 (I've downloaded the version from the website prior to this but that didn't help, was ~2 months ago, don't remember the version).

So far I've seen reports from people with 1.06 and also 1.07 firmware, and multiple different versions of the software. These issues make the mouse pretty unusable for people needing the M3 button. Is there any news about an update?

Hi Pindle, we'd like to check the M1, M2, M3 setting on the software. Could you please take a photo of your setting please?

擷取.PNG

On 4/17/2017 at 7:32 AM, Tt David said:

Hi Pindle, we'd like to check the M1, M2, M3 setting on the software. Could you please take a photo of your setting please?

Here's a screenshot of my Command Center button bindings (not using any macro's btw):

Tt-command-center.PNG