Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

Downside of going mATX?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Shadnic

Shadnic

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I have been planning my new build for a while, and was going to go with a Core P3 + ATX mobo+ Single GPU + 280 Radiator AIO cooler, etc. It will all fit in the P3 very easily and will be a very nicely laid out and (hopefully clean) build. With the announcement of the new Core P1 though, I realize that I could get a mATX version of the mobo I was considering (Asus Strix z270G) which is essentially identical to the ATX version just ....smaller. 

https://smile.amazon...=emc_b_5_i&th=1

Is there any downside to going with a mATX board? Does the build feel more cramped? Is cable management harder? Heat dissipation worse? 

The P1 has really thrown me for a loop, I can't decide if I like the idea of a smaller case now or not. Would love any opinions or thoughts, thank you!

• HaroldOn likes this

warreny

warreny

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

if you are going for a single gpu i dont see a problem but if you ever plan on going sli i would consider watercooling gpus. Considering how close they are could see heating issues. I have a p3 build on my wall actually wished i went with a p5 now looking at it >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users