Questions about Riing Premium software

Rumline

I love the look of the Riing fans but disappointed so far in the usability, both for the "original" RGB and the Premium ones.  Anyway, I have the following questions about the software for the Premium Riings:

1. How does PWM work with these?  Does it monitor CPU temperature? 
  2. Is anything about PWM configurable or is it just on/off?
  3. If you use PWM to control the fan speed, are you happy with the results?
  4. Does the software have to run all the time in order to enable PWM or for the fans to follow their set colors? 

• 1 month later...

yeah. the software is crap. don't buy these fans. pity cause they look totally beast in a system. love the look. but the software................. TT doesn't seem to care much cause no updates to it yet.

PWM is on the cpu. the software ships with HWiNFO64.dll (hardware info) dll. (same thing rainmeter skins use for hw info). if the software inst running (mine decided to stop auto starting on its own) then the pc sounds like a Boeing taking off. 1400RPM full speed fans. you need a usb2 header on your motherboard for it as well, there is no manual switch for it either - software controlled or GTFO. good luck in a few years when mobos are usb3 only. 

love the fans.. but i really really really regret buying them cause of the software. in the beginning i held up hope that TT can fix the software. but i lost hope now. 

I love the look of the Riing fans but disappointed so far in the usability, both for the "original" RGB and the Premium ones.  Anyway, I have the following questions about the software for the Premium Riings:

1. How does PWM work with these?  Does it monitor CPU temperature? 
  2. Is anything about PWM configurable or is it just on/off?
  3. If you use PWM to control the fan speed, are you happy with the results?
  4. Does the software have to run all the time in order to enable PWM or for the fans to follow their set colors? 

1. PWM work = monitors your cpu temp to adjust fan speed. you cant adjust the fan curve. its fixed

2. no. its just on and off. this is why it sucks balls

3.  results are good. but with my temps so low, my fan RPM is so low 330-350 RPM.

4. yes software needs to run to use PWM, if its not running the fan controller cant monitor the temps. i already tested it to be sure.