Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

6 Riing Premium Fans - None Recognized by Software

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I bought six Riing premium fans for my build (2 packages of 3) and I currently have them all plugged into the two controllers. The controllers are then plugged into a single USB 2.0 header on the mother board using the split mini-USB cable. Neither of the controllers is recognized in the software and I can't control any of the fans.

The specs of my system are:

• Intel 6700K
  • Asus Maximus IX Formula

What's going on? Why isn't the software recognizing these fans and how can I fix the issue?

Golfpro1286

Golfpro1286

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I am having the exact same issue and my fans are hooked up in the exact same manner. I have double checked the DIP switches and all connections. 

My specs:

Intel I7 6700k

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Is there any solution for this? Surely both controllers can't be faulty?

Golfpro1286

Golfpro1286

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have yet to find a solution, have you tried the controllers individually? I have tried that and uninstalling and reinstalling the software with no luck

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I did try them individually to no avail. Maybe try the old version of the software?

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Seriously need a solution to this. Bought $200 worth of these fans and they are useless to me currently.

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Day 3 and still no answer. I'd really like a resolution to this.

Golfpro1286

Golfpro1286

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Submit a customer support request on the Thermaltake site, they got back to me within 24 hours. They asked me to troubleshoot a few things, but it with no luck. I believe they are going to end up sending me two new controllers.

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks. Let me know how it turns out for you.

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
How did you get a response so quick? Still nothing for me...

Golfpro1286

Golfpro1286

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I am not sure, the first reply from them was almost 24 hours from my original message, just give it some time im sure they will get back with you.

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

So to update this, after a fairly lengthy back and forth with Thermaltake they sent me two new controllers. Both controllers worked and the fans are now being read and controlled by the software. I'm happy they work, but I must say that getting two faulty controller units is a bit concerning.

joshrosenthal

joshrosenthal

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

how'd you contact them? i have the exact same problem but mine are stuck on blue. what software are you guys running? i can only find links to 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. neither of them work

BawANGEL

BawANGEL

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationУлан-Удэ
And can you allow me take your work to our bbs and sharing with our Sudan FANS??I will tell them the work you made from where.

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

how'd you contact them? i have the exact same problem but mine are stuck on blue. what software are you guys running? i can only find links to 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. neither of them work

I contacted them using the the online support contact (online email). They were very slow to respond, but eventually got back to me and then shipped out new units without a problem. I'm currently using v1.0.2 of the software. I believe there is a version 2.0.x of the software, but it just straight up doesn't work on my PC.

The_Wizard_Man88

The_Wizard_Man88

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

And can you allow me take your work to our bbs and sharing with our Sudan FANS??I will tell them the work you made from where.

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking?

Prox

Prox

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Well - there you go. Interesting to read that yet another person has also experienced multiple controllers that do not work (quality control gone down the drain?)

We have had nothing but problems with RIING RGB fans. Poor support beyond replacement of non-working controllers.

See full review on: http://community.the...s-product-fail/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users