6 Riing Premium Fans - None Recognized by Software

The_Wizard_Man88

I bought six Riing premium fans for my build (2 packages of 3) and I currently have them all plugged into the two controllers. The controllers are then plugged into a single USB 2.0 header on the mother board using the split mini-USB cable. Neither of the controllers is recognized in the software and I can't control any of the fans.

The specs of my system are:

• Intel 6700K
  • Asus Maximus IX Formula

What's going on? Why isn't the software recognizing these fans and how can I fix the issue?

• 2 weeks later...

how'd you contact them? i have the exact same problem but mine are stuck on blue. what software are you guys running? i can only find links to 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. neither of them work

I contacted them using the the online support contact (online email). They were very slow to respond, but eventually got back to me and then shipped out new units without a problem. I'm currently using v1.0.2 of the software. I believe there is a version 2.0.x of the software, but it just straight up doesn't work on my PC.

• 1 month later...

Well - there you go. Interesting to read that yet another person has also experienced multiple controllers that do not work (quality control gone down the drain?)

We have had nothing but problems with RIING RGB fans. Poor support beyond replacement of non-working controllers.

See full review on: http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/63674-tt-premium-riing-software-controlled-fans-product-fail/