�MSI PRO MOD - S3】 Project Krait Gaming

Mark011

Nnpdde7l.jpg

Hello this is my enter for MSI PRO MOD Season 3!

The Project name is: KRAIT GAMING, since i'll be using the new amazing MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING motherboard!

I'm not new to the modding community but it's the first time I post a worklog on the msi forum, my nick is Mark011 and for those of you that might be interested to see my others project feel free to visit my facebook page Mark011 Pc Modding

Since the theme of this competition is Black & White those are the colours i'll be using, all the hardware that comes in a different colour scheme will be painted to match the theme of the build.
My goal this time is to do everything by hand without using any CNC or other machines, just to show that you don't need expensive tools to be creative! All the add-ons will be made with acrylic sheets.
I'll upload the worklog weekly with 2/3 posts each week, maybe it could be boring at the beginning to watch all those unboxing pics, but stay tuned because there is a lot of work to do ;-)

Hardware list:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6600K
MB: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
GPU: MSI GTX 960 2GD5T OC
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z : DDR4 3000MHz 8GB
SSD: TBD
PSU: Thermaltake Smart M 850W
FAN: Thermaltake Riing 12 White
CASE: Thermaltake Core V51

CPU Cooling parts

WB: Thermaltake Pacific W1 CPU Water Block
PUMP+RES: Thermaltake Pacific PR22-D5 w/ Silent Kit Reservoir/Pump Combo
RAD: Thermaltake Pacific R360 Radiator
TUBES: Thermaltake V-Tubler PETG Tube
FITTINGS: Thermaltake Pacific Fittings

Let's start with some pics of the unboxing to show the items i'll work with!

63CHZX7l.jpg

CIODO4ul.jpg

w8MGDgHl.jpg

lcXwjRUl.jpg

fE7JdmKl.jpg

aCPhKJTl.jpg

EtpmXusl.jpg

BKIyO6Vl.jpg

B5jhW3xl.jpg

hnQZVYXl.jpg

lq8baxUl.jpg

oCcfOnll.jpg

First work to do is to disassemble the case and start painting some parts, including ram.

New update soon!

Time for update!!!

Case disassembled and paint job started. I've used Matte White paint with White Primer after sanded the surface with sandpaper 80. I usually do 2 coats of primer, waiting 20 min between, 1h drying and then 3 coats of white paint, 1 every 20 min and dry for 24h.

P44TDWC.jpg

f2uJppT.jpg

haSdM62.jpg

wVDMpDW.jpg

2LbtkAN.jpg

37hR0oF.jpg

fhb7HeF.jpg

qiUMM6y.jpg

I've also painted the other side panel and the red ram sticks, more pics to come in the next update ;)

Stay tuned!

Time for update!

I made some tests for the psu cover and other covers i'll made with plexyglass in the internal of the case

ItEI9nC.jpg

And then the Ram unboxing and painting!

BGEHEyN.jpg

GjYznZL.jpg

SeehJPX.jpg

OlEFaKM.jpg

The other parts i've been painted are now ready to be assembled!

m6t31Sn.jpg

QgtEGvp.jpg

jKHDUeF.jpg

VXWOWI2.jpg

yHukdEx.jpg

As you can see the Black & White theme is coming out for this mod, i've started working on the plexyglass for the internal covers, i want to remind you that the 90% of the work is made by hand, the only electrical instruments i'm using are the Heat Gun for bend the plexyglass and the Drill for make holes. This is to show that you don't need expensive instrument for be creative! Also since i recently moved in UK from Italy, i don't have a work room anymore, everything you see in the pics has been made in my bedroom, the painting job has been made in the living room.

For cut the plexyglass i'll be using an hack saw and a coping saw (7€ and 10€ in every DIY shops).

I'll add some black decals to the case for contrast the white of the new paint.

Stay Tuned!

Update time!

I made the psu cover with 3mm acrylic sheet, i've cut the acrylic by hand, sanded the edges and bended with an heatgun.

Since i made a mistake ordering the acrylics sheet, this one came in "frosted white", so i had to use a matte white vinyl wrap. I finally used some black strips for contrast the white. The psu cover is not finished yet, i'll add some more details later on.

LVqGuAr.jpg

LXGasuB.jpg

anJNiOq.jpg

bL9oFZ1.jpg

XUiUjsX.jpg

FLM8ujt.jpg

JIq0N2l.jpg

XlGoYsO.jpg

Nvflgci.jpg

sAJdqhP.jpg

KD2hH2E.jpg

Thanks for following my project, see you at the next update!

Update

I made the sleeved cables for the build with my friend Shakmods, also made a VGA Backplate with acrylics sheet 2mm, and added some more acrylics for the internals. The last piece of hardware for the build also arrived, the INTEL SSD 535 SERIES

Sleeved Cables:

dsCn9aE.jpg

6B5Ymoz.jpg

SA7oBhE.jpg

Mq60Agx.jpg

VGA BACKPLATE & SSD UNBOXING

XLzcSmK.jpg

b2dtqwQ.jpg

JhUy3c3.jpg

pvRYNbH.jpg

xpYMKP9.jpg

n3jVhvD.jpg

vguZ0J3.jpg

AV9aADR.jpg

QG5UAxq.jpg

INTERNALS

gYoekNg.jpg

EyMzPRY.jpg

veZs3jx.jpg

this is a concept of the vga backplate once done

rsqMova.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE

Have been busy lately, also waiting for some items to complete the mod, in the meantime i've painted the acrylics for the internals and the peripherals. My friend Dave Alcock printed for me some stickers i'll use for this build, they should be here early next week!

Also made some shoots of the fittings that Thermaltake has sent to me.

The build is almost finished, just missing some details.

Uycwk23.jpg

0yOrPZi.jpg

qcoBJyV.jpg

8iCskJd.jpg

IDBthhk.jpg

9Nmrx7F.jpg

YYiJAOv.jpg

vQx28zz.jpg

yNGgdwy.jpg

2f1csU1.jpg

MfWLhOY.jpg

37CIypI.jpg

A5GeCzc.jpg

NOzsiwe.jpg

Jj1aojh.jpg

nEVkyWJ.jpg

Stickers!

DxOJc1A.jpg

CLvCiFa.jpg

New big updates are coming during the following days, stay tuned!

Update

Stickers has arrived, already used some, finished the internal acrylic sheets, painted in metallic black.

I had to do the fron panel again, this time i used plexyglass 2mm instead of 3mm, the bend is better now. Will be wrapped in white, with some stickers on it ;)

Next and final steps will be: Placing an ON/OFF button, finishing the non windowed side panel, making the liquid cooling loop.

WwOJRGf.jpg

r7isnKE.jpg

4EmO1my.jpg

3SByjU7.jpg

2ehN5iC.jpg

sL32Yen.jpg

IRYwjAY.jpg

0GnqQ5F.jpg

HQVjwV7.jpg

YwaGzqB.jpg

8W4DifB.jpg

1TEGkXf.jpg

BAtKW7i.jpg

5CQnngt.jpg

cx5izaF.jpg

cs0MTQS.jpg

2AiJjtV.jpg

Thanks for following the project!

I changed some details on the frontal panel and finished the side panel as well. Just need to make the custom liquid cooling loop, the last parcel i was waiting for finish it has been delivered Friday to the reception of the building, but they were closed the weekend, so hopefully i'll get it tomorrow!

cXAdO7a.jpg

6VOOAZz.jpg

gOzdgOV.jpg

Stay tuned!

The Build is finally finished, i managed to make the custom liquid cooling loop before i leave for christmas holidays. I'll make and upload more pics with clean background on the 28th of December.

This is a full handmade build, no CNC machines or laser used. As you can see, you don't need expensive tools for be creative!

Thanks

CWa9JWv.jpg

055qW5Z.jpg

aStUOF1.jpg

5bQAv2J.jpg

MnJ2cAc.jpg

vlnZGiR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...