I've recently bought the ThermalTake Poseidon Z RGB (Cherry Brown) and I had installed the software and set it up perfectly on my Windows 8 Pro machine. I had tested all lighting functions within the Effect Control section of the software (Fully Lighted, Reactive, Arrow Flow, Wave and Ripple) which worked beautifully. Although from what it seems now, after updating to Windows 10, the lighting on the keyboard is either non-existent or seems like it's got a mind of its own.
>> Here's a quick summary of issues:
- There are no longer any proper full colours displaying (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow etc) - it's all very light colours depending on the effect control set
- The programming behind setting a Effect Control function seems to apply, but the lighting is complete screwed. Eg: Certain areas of the keyboard light up, some appear randomly and are also inconsistent. Like stated above, a mind of its own
- The key that disables the Windows key (Button above the keypad - 2 arrows) makes the keyboard light up crazily. The light display outcome is always different. When pressed, a lot of times the light will display around the keypad area
- I had to plug and unplug my keyboard multiple times for it to even detect on the pc
- The second time I had updated the firmware to 36 from 30, the lights aren't even displaying at all when changing Effect Controls. I've manually reset it a few times, still to no avail.
>> Further Testing:
- After testing thoroughly for another 30 minutes, I've managed to somehow not display any colours at all on the keyboard no matter what Effect Control function I select. Resetting it brings the keyboard back to Red, but after choosing an effect, all colours disappear. Also refer to my 'Settings' attachments to see how it looks like.
>> What's been done that didn't resolve the issue:
- Re-installing the software several times, updating firmware etc
- Fn+Esc hardly works, I have to manually click the Refresh button within the software to no avail
- Removing the keyboard device and trying different USB ports
I have a 40 second clip which shows the incorrect colours but is too big to attach. If you require it, please let me know the best way I can display it accordingly.