Water Extreme 3.0 update.

dragon0269

So I was having the problem of it not showing cpu temperature but would show cooler temperature. I also was having a problem when I would switch from silent to extreme. When I would go back to silent it kept running on extreme for whatever reason. I am running Windows 8.1 with two gtx 770 cards and 16Gb of memory with a Asus Hero board. I make sure Bios was updated and that windows was all up dated as well as all the drivers and it still acted crazy. So what I finally did was set Bios back to default and the wiped out the fan control software. Reloaded it and it works great. I have not had any issues since with the fans going crazy and now have the cpu temperature as well. I then went back into Bios and set everything back to the way I had it and for two days now it has been working without any issues. My cpu at idle is around 27c and under a load around the 45c mark and the thing is hauling. I love this thing. I think looking back I had windows 8.0 and did the update to 8.1 and for whatever reason that is what messed it all up. But I had had my cooler in my system for a day before I updated to 8.1 so I figured it was the fan control and not 8.1. Who knows but if this can help just one person out there I am happy with that.

So I was having the problem of it not showing cpu temperature but would show cooler temperature. I also was having a problem when I would switch from silent to extreme. When I would go back to silent it kept running on extreme for whatever reason. I am running Windows 8.1 with two gtx 770 cards and 16Gb of memory with a Asus Hero board. I make sure Bios was updated and that windows was all up dated as well as all the drivers and it still acted crazy. So what I finally did was set Bios back to default and the wiped out the fan control software. Reloaded it and it works great. I have not had any issues since with the fans going crazy and now have the cpu temperature as well. I then went back into Bios and set everything back to the way I had it and for two days now it has been working without any issues. My cpu at idle is around 27c and under a load around the 45c mark and the thing is hauling. I love this thing. I think looking back I had windows 8.0 and did the update to 8.1 and for whatever reason that is what messed it all up. But I had had my cooler in my system for a day before I updated to 8.1 so I figured it was the fan control and not 8.1. Who knows but if this can help just one person out there I am happy with that.

Thank you dragon0269 for sharing! This will definitely help the community, if anyone runs into the same issue.

yes o had those issues   but  what  i did is i stopped   switching  from   speed to speed  and set a  custom  profile  manually  .

its been ok since  that ..

i  have similar   mb  as you  ,   what i like to know  is if  we are using  the cooler software  should we  disable  the   cpu fan  profile in the mb ?

or leave it at auto  ?  and  what  is the gain  of updating  the cooler if  1.6  is working  good? thanks

So what I have been doing this last week is running both the fan software and the software that came with my motherboard. What I have found is this. First you can change the fan profile one time with the fan control software. But if you try to change it again it will not change back 99 percent of the time. However if I go into my software that came with my motherboard I can go into fan control and change it there. If I change it there what will happen sometimes is in the fan control software you will lose the cpu temperatures all blank. So what it comes down to I think anyway is you either use your software that came with your motherboard or you use the fan control. If however you use the fan control software make sure you do not have the motherboard software loaded or it will give you the problems that I mentioned. I myself since my fan control software that came with my hero board kicks #### so I am using it instead of the fan control software that came with my cooler. I still getting the same temps as I was with the cooler software. This is something else I did you can try. Open up the fan control that came with the cooler and look at cpu temp. then open up the software that came with the motherboard and look at the temps of the cpu it is reporting. When I did that I had about 1 degree different which my software for the motherboard was showing 1 degree cooler. So you can disable and should disable the MB software if you are using the fan control software. So kill one or the other I think at this point it comes down to what you prefer. I hope this helps some as well. What MB do you have ????