View 31 RGB fan question...

DaddyBeee

Just got my Tt View 31 case on Wednesday and I have a question about the RGB fans... I wanted to use the software on my phone to control them, and realised I couldn't; I then came here and looked at the product for the Riing fans here, and I noticed that they are not the same thing. Why is this? The main reason for buying this case was because of the RGB and the fact of being able to control them without having to mess with the case.

Seems Tt decided to got with the older Riing RGB 256 fans w/controller that goes inside the case.

I actually bought 2 3pks of these, believing the 256 color control.   it just cycles through gradually on a preset.

I would think that this premium case would use the new Riing Plus RGB's.

Seems Tt decided to got with the older Riing RGB 256 fans w/controller that goes inside the case.

I actually bought 2 3pks of these, believing the 256 color control.   it just cycles through gradually on a preset.

I would think that this premium case would use the new Riing Plus RGB's.

Tell me about it, it's not like it was a budget case either. What gets me is the fact that ALL reviews for this case showed the newer fans. I'm kinda annoyed and was going to be buying so much more than just this case from Tt to replace my very old Armor LCS case and WC setup, now I have decided to buy from other brands.

• 2 weeks later...

Tell me about it, it's not like it was a budget case either. What gets me is the fact that ALL reviews for this case showed the newer fans. I'm kinda annoyed and was going to be buying so much more than just this case from Tt to replace my very old Armor LCS case and WC setup, now I have decided to buy from other brands.

I went with the non RGB View 31, ordered the Riing Plus 12's.

Now i need to find an extra fan, as Tt is not selling them in singles... Stupid if you ask me.

No one is going to buy a 3pk for 1 fan.

I went with the non RGB View 31, ordered the Riing Plus 12's.

Now i need to find an extra fan, as Tt is not selling them in singles... Stupid if you ask me.

No one is going to buy a 3pk for 1 fan.

I wish I did too, but, what I saw in the videos at CEX this year, they showed the newer fans, not the old ones?! Grrrr thermaltake!

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Slimshiesty said:

So DaddyBeee, 

Get your rig squared away.. fans ans all ?

It's semi-built... until Vega is out anyway, I have all the watercooling stuff ready and mostly installed.

I have added a pic, with the side off as the glass causes too much glare on my phone camera.

EDIT: And ignore the poo AM3 cooler (just what I had lying around from many moons ago and didn't want to buy another one in the short-term), that will all change when I can fit my watercooling setup.

20170514_122747.jpg

Yeah, you definitely need that psu cover, like those new Gigabyte boards.. im not a AMD fan though.. 

It looks nice, and will look a lot better once you get that plumbing in !

Let me know if you need help getting that cover.. i can order one and ship it to you from the states.

My RMA'd memory to Taiwan cost me 14$ u.s. first class mail.  So not too expensive to ship.

Im adding a 7" Tablet to my case for all the temps and speeds and such.. just not in there yet.

Also having some Star Wars images Laser etched on the glass.. coming soon.

20170514_080736_1.jpg

Firstly, very nice setup, but yeah, I love my AMD setup, I do far more than just gaming, I stream and video edit a lot for my kids, so needed the cores. And that RAM looks lush, so jealous!

What cover is that on yours? You will have to let me know about the temp mod, I like the sound of that and would like to see how that would be done.

• 7 months later...