Poseidon Z RGB Software not updating

milotuna

Hi there, I just recently got my Poseidon Z RGB and i love the feel of the keyboard. However, I have an issue with the software to program the lighting on my keyboard. I have followed the steps to update the firmware, but it never updates. I have tried reinstalling the program, but the firmware will still not update.

Is there any way i could download an updated firmware file so I do not have to manually update the firmware? Or if any method to solve this issue has been done, please feel free to share. I really look forward to customizing the keyboard my lighting, but this issue is popped up.

If it is of any help, my update is stuck as shown in the picture attached below.

post-118677-0-71384900-1488168443_thumb.png

Did you follow these steps?

http://www.ttesports.com/files/Product_download/poseidon_z_rgb_firmware_update_steps.pdf

If so, could you take a video so we can discuss with our PM team on what happened?

Hi there. Yeap i followed those steps. The update actually just stucks just like the picture posted above, even after i left it for hours, so i don't think a video will actually provide any information. It'll say current firmware is 0, and say its updating, but it doesnt update even after a long period of time.

Is there any way to rectify this problem?

I have to check with our PM team because we haven't have this situation before. Usually the firmware will update after we click "start update"

Is there like an updated firmware file i could download directly so that i do not have to update to use the keyboard functions?

After discussing with our PM team, there are two possibilities:

1. the firmware update software can't recognize your keyboard

2. the firmware hardware is broken

Could you please help to try to change the keyboard color with different lighting mode and see if our software can do anything on your keyboard?

If possible, please also follow the installation guide here:

1. Unplug your keyboard
2. Remove the old software
3. Uninstall old driver using the Control Panel -- Programs -- Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
4. Go to directory C:\Program Files (x86)\TteSPORTS and remove all files
4. Restart your computer
5. Plug in the Keyboard
6. Install new software

After discussing with our PM team, there are two possibilities:

1. the firmware update software can't recognize your keyboard

2. the firmware hardware is broken

Could you please help to try to change the keyboard color with different lighting mode and see if our software can do anything on your keyboard?

If possible, please also follow the installation guide here:

1. Unplug your keyboard

2. Remove the old software

3. Uninstall old driver using the Control Panel -- Programs -- Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB

4. Go to directory C:\Program Files (x86)\TteSPORTS and remove all files

4. Restart your computer

5. Plug in the Keyboard

6. Install new software

When i try to change the keyboard colour with different lighting mode, the colour does not change, nor any changes seems to be applied. I have followed the installation guide as proposed, but still no to success. Is it an issue with the software, or the keyboard itself might be faulty?

I just got the keyboard for about 2 weeks, so I'm quite doubtful if the keyboard is faulty. I think a quite strong possibility is that the software could not detect the keyboard. Is there any way i could solve this?

I'm afraid that you may need to contact our customer service and change a new one would be faster. 

Could you please contact our customer service here: http://my.ttesports.com/csWarranty.aspx 

USA / Canada :

ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Tel: Toll-Free 01-800-988-1088

M-F 9:00AM â€“ 5:30PM (P.S.T)   

Mexico :

Por Email: apoyotecnico@thermaltakeusa.com

Por Telefono: 01-800-823-2606

En el D.F: (55)5648-6715 Atencion de 10:00AM a 6:00PM (P.S.T)   

Brazil: suporte@thermaltakebr.com

Asia: cs2@thermaltake.com

Europe:  support@thermaltake.de

I'm afraid that you may need to contact our customer service and change a new one would be faster. 

Could you please contact our customer service here: http://my.ttesports.com/csWarranty.aspx 

USA / Canada :

ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Tel: Toll-Free 01-800-988-1088

M-F 9:00AM â€“ 5:30PM (P.S.T)   

Mexico :

Por Email: apoyotecnico@thermaltakeusa.com

Por Telefono: 01-800-823-2606

En el D.F: (55)5648-6715 Atencion de 10:00AM a 6:00PM (P.S.T)   

Brazil: suporte@thermaltakebr.com

Asia: cs2@thermaltake.com

Europe:  support@thermaltake.de

I am currently residing in Melbourne, Australia, and this was where i got the keyboard. Is there any customer service link or number for my location? 

I am currently residing in Melbourne, Australia, and this was where i got the keyboard. Is there any customer service link or number for my location? 

Thermaltake Australia and New Zealand Pty Ltd.

60/170 Forster Road Mount Waverley VIC 3149 AUSTRALIA 

TEL : +61 (03) 9544 6587 

nasser@thermaltake.com.au