Core P3 - Confused About Filter and Air Flow.

NeedMoDro

I don't get the filter or ventilation. Every pic shows the rad mounted with the fans pushing into the frame, toward the filter, making the filter useless, right?

It only makes sense to me if you were to either put your fans on top of the rad in a pull, or mount the fans on the opposite side of the rad and push.

Does this make sense? lol.

• 9 months later...

I noticed the same thing. And agree with you.  

Now if you have three 2.5 inch drives behind the radiator - then the airflow is restricted. If you take your drives out the pushed air will go out the back where the holes are. But yea the filter..

I read on some forums that people who are air cooling the CPU are wondering about how to put the Ring fans on. Thermaltake answer was just to screw them on where the radiator is for looks and if they had components (HDD, etc) it can help keep them cool. And they should buy the AIO. LOL

Of note the older RING 12 fans are not compatible  with the newer Ring 12 premium fans and controller. So you cant plug the Ring 12 fan controller into the Ring 12 premium fan controller. And at least with my Ring 12 fans when I restart the computer the fans start up just fine but the LED's dont come on or they drop the lighting after a min or two. You have to push the button on the controller box every time. The Ring 12 Premium fans work the way they are supposed too though. So if you invest in more fans for a Push/Pull pay the double price for the Ring 12 premium fans. Unless you dont care about the LED lighting since they will be on the back side of the radiator. The fan speed settings seem to stick no issues.