View 28 questions

Jose Hidalgo

Hi everybody,

I'm very interested in the brand new Thermaltake View 28 chassis, so I have a few questions :

1. Judging from the pictures, the chassis doesn't have any rubber grommets, which is a real pity.

Can at least the rubber grommets be ordered separately ? How ?

Apparently the View 28 chassis needs 6 rubber grommets from 2 different sizes : 4 identical + 2 identical.

2. Does the chassis include a GPU riser, and if not, can it be ordered separately ? How ?

3. There's a Riing version of the chassis. But will there be a Riing PLUS version ? Riing Plus fans are just around the corner too !

4. Right now there seems to be only one type of Riing Plus fan (the Radiator fan). Will there be other types ?

5. The chassis seems to be already available from a number of sellers. Maybe you should start listing it on your website too ? Just sayin' ! ;p

My goal would be to have :

- A View 28 chassis

- All the needed rubber grommets

- 3 Riing Plus 12 RGB fans (2 front, 1 back) running at low speed (silence being the main goal)

Thanks in advance for your tips towards achieving that goal. :)

Nobody from Thermaltake seems to use these forums, which is a shame, maybe contact their support. I asked a question a month ago, and still no reply.

I will try and help if I can, but as I don't have the case, some questions I just can't answer.

1. Judging from the pictures, the chassis doesn't have any rubber grommets, which is a real pity.

Can at least the rubber grommets be ordered separately ? How ?

Apparently the View 28 chassis needs 6 rubber grommets from 2 different sizes : 4 identical + 2 identical.

They do have addons for cases on their store here, as long as you live in the US anyway.

2. Does the chassis include a GPU riser, and if not, can it be ordered separately ? How ?

Can't answer that one, sorry. However, looking at the case, it's similar to the View 31 (ish) and that came with the riser... but to make you aware, you would need to buy the riser cable separately as they are quite expensive.

3. There's a Riing version of the chassis. But will there be a Riing PLUS version ? Riing Plus fans are just around the corner too !

Probably not, they would need to be a separate purchase.

4. Right now there seems to be only one type of Riing Plus fan (the Radiator fan). Will there be other types ?

SP (static pressure) fans will work just fine as Air Flow fans.

5. The chassis seems to be already available from a number of sellers. Maybe you should start listing it on your website too ? Just sayin' ! ;p

Not sure what's going on with Tt atm, but their website doesn't seem to be well maintained, or active.

Thanks for your reply ! At least it's something. :)

About the cases add-ons, could you please give me a link to the store you mention ? Thanks.

About the chassis version, I guess I'll order the standard version then I'll purchase the Riing PLUS fans separately.

About the fans, I'm not an expert. I just guessed I would need a fan type for intake and a different fan type for outtake. I won't have other fans : 1 or 2 intake, 1 outtake.

About the Tt website, yes, it's a shame, unfortunately. :(