Riing Plus TT Premium Software not starting

bakednotfried101

i have bought thermaltake riing plus rgb 120mm fans and connected them and they are fine but i need to change the rpm and colors but every time i try and start the program it comes up in task tray but has no right click options and left clicking it doesn't do anything, so i went into task manager and into processes and found that it first starts "Start Riing Plus" and then becomes "Tt Riing Rainbow".

I checked the folder its located in and tried updating using the .exe file there but it said it couldn't find it so i uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same..

pls help

thx.

Specs:

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

i7-6700k

gtx 1070

asus h170 motherboard

16gb ddr3 1600Mhz

Hi,

To test and see if the issue is with the OS/Fans/Controller, please try the fans on another system.

Can you install the software (Only) on any other system? I know it wont be able to function, but we are not there yet.

See if you can get it to work on something else.

Also, on the MB side, instead of using the USB header, get a Micro USB to USB cable (Like from your phone) and plug in the Micro USB to the controller and the USB connection to the USB port on the MB I/O and or try it on a laptop.

See where you get and what you get.

Make sure all connections are solid.

FYI -  you can run the software and it will show up without any hardware connected.

Keep us posted.

i have fiddled with it all day and all the connections are fine and i get warnings, my leds reset to solid blue

18c4f08f4af900df7d12dc2642746b11.png

I have realised that it seems to somewhat work because when i got the program to open before without it finding any fans i set every fan to temperature mode and clicked save and when i opened it the warning came up but then i could see the modes and speeds in the background of the red triangles but couldnt click anything... i changed the profile to profile 2 and it went to rgb spectrum cycling and then when i went back to profile 1 it stopped responding.

P.s. after multiple restarts i cant seem to open the program again.

Sucks :( HOPEFULLY after all of this silence from the Devs they have actually been working to fix the software. I have relied on every part of my system being thermaltake and the main asthetic of my system can't change.. also at 400-500rpm it's not good for my rl360 rad and making my system overheat.. I have had to swap with some crap ones but at least they run at 1500rpm for now.

IF ANY thermaltake admins see this post please do respond with some information.

P.s. i do understand that its easter holidays

Hi guys, are any of you running Ryzen systems by any chance? I ask because atm there is a software conflict with riing and ryzen and we're waiting for a hotfix from thermaltake. Admittedly its been almost a month since they told me they're working on it so dont really have an ETA. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

I have a Ryzen system and the Riing software is definitely not compatible. I've been told by my supplier here in Australia that a fix is being worked on by TT, however judging by an earlier post its been at least 2 months that a fix has been in the works and has yet to come to fruition.

I'm having difficulty getting a refund because technically there's nothing at fault with the product... Please fix this software or instruct your re-sellers to give us Ryzen users a refund/credit. I've been waiting 2 months now to finish my system off :/

13 hours ago, -Plasma said:

I have a Ryzen system and the Riing software is definitely not compatible. I've been told by my supplier here in Australia that a fix is being worked on by TT, however judging by an earlier post its been at least 2 months that a fix has been in the works and has yet to come to fruition.

I'm having difficulty getting a refund because technically there's nothing at fault with the product... Please fix this software or instruct your re-sellers to give us Ryzen users a refund/credit. I've been waiting 2 months now to finish my system off :/

Hi Plasma, you need to call TT directly. They were more than happy to offer me a refund in AUS so you shouldn't have a problem.

On 5/21/2017 at 0:26 PM, Atingleee said:

Hi Plasma, you need to call TT directly. They were more than happy to offer me a refund in AUS so you shouldn't have a problem.

Hi, thanks for the info. So Thermaltake refunded you directly, i.e not through the retailer?

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:03 PM, Atingleee said:

Yes it was refunded directly. Granted I had made a few calls to them over the 2 month period so they knew it had been a little while.

Thanks again. I tried to phone them this morning and they advised me to send an email lol. We'll see if they respond.

I got it working on my ryzen 1600 and gigabyte ab350m. I had to use a micro USB cable from my phone to hook up the controller to a spare usb slot in my i/o. The internal usb on mobo seems to not work with the controller :/ Before I did this, the software wouldnt even start. It would appear in my tray but be unresponsive and no window would open. Now it works fine, i just have a random usb cable coming out of the case ####. Im on v2.1.5 of the software (non-plus riing) but maybe this fix would work for the plus models and the plus software. Goodluck!

6 hours ago, -Plasma said:

Thanks again. I tried to phone them this morning and they advised me to send an email lol. We'll see if they respond.

No problem. Same process for me, should go by smoothly from here. :)

8 minutes ago, Xandstorm said:

I got it working on my ryzen 1600 and gigabyte ab350m. I had to use a micro USB cable from my phone to hook up the controller to a spare usb slot in my i/o. The internal usb on mobo seems to not work with the controller :/ Before I did this, the software wouldnt even start. It would appear in my tray but be unresponsive and no window would open. Now it works fine, i just have a random usb cable coming out of the case ####. Im on v2.1.5 of the software (non-plus riing) but maybe this fix would work for the plus models and the plus software. Goodluck!

Unfortunately I saw this fix and tried it. I believe the non plus models had an issue where the USB cable housing was blocking it from fully entering the port. The plus models issue is definitely a software conflict with Ryzen. Would advise anybody to stop wasting their time with hardware troubleshooting if running the plus model. Just need to play the waiting game unfortunately. :/

They got back to me pretty fast. This is what they say:

Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Apparently there is a problem with the USB 2.0 protocol with the controller that causing the problem. A new controller will be out at the end of June and we can swap your controller with the new one.

If you wish to wait for it so, you can contact us again at the end of June for the update.

Regards,
Technical Support
Thermaltake Australia and New Zealand

I don't think i'm going to wait but that is their response for those experiencing Ryzen Issues.

Also using an external usb cable did not fix the issue for me as it was one of the things I initially did.

2 minutes ago, -Plasma said:

They got back to me pretty fast. This is what they say:

I don't think i'm going to wait but that is their response for those experiencing Ryzen Issues.

Also using an external usb cable did not fix the issue for me as it was one of the things I initially did.

Good to hear buddy! Would've been better of them to notify the public a lot sooner though.. I would've waited but needed to control fan RPM as I overclock a lot and need the good airflow.

Hello, i had this problem until just now!, i'm using the premium v1.0.7 on a R7 1700 and it also didn't start, tried connecting to an external USB3.1 (case port connected via internal header) and didn't work, tried one of the USB2 ports on the back and no dice, that's when i tried one of the USB 3.1 also on the back of the motherboard and it works!, for some reason it throws a controller no.1 warning screen but it's working perfectly so far.

According to the motherboard manual the usb ports where it didn't work are coming from the X370 chipset and the one that is working from comes from the CPU itself, this is on an msi x370 gaming pro carbon so try connecting on a port that doesn't come from the chipset and see if it works.

8 hours ago, Tankmaster said:

Hello, i had this problem until just now!, i'm using the premium v1.0.7 on a R7 1700 and it also didn't start, tried connecting to an external USB3.1 (case port connected via internal header) and didn't work, tried one of the USB2 ports on the back and no dice, that's when i tried one of the USB 3.1 also on the back of the motherboard and it works!, for some reason it throws a controller no.1 warning screen but it's working perfectly so far.

According to the motherboard manual the usb ports where it didn't work are coming from the X370 chipset and the one that is working from comes from the CPU itself, this is on an msi x370 gaming pro carbon so try connecting on a port that doesn't come from the chipset and see if it works.

Glad you got it working! Do you have the plus version of the fans or the previous premium version?