Riing Plus TT Premium Software not starting

bakednotfried101

Hi, mine didn't work on my external 3.1 ports. I am using the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 X370 K7 board. Also if they did work on an external port I wouldn't personally want to use them that way.

Also after TT Australia got back to me with the info about new controllers in June I messaged them about a refund and they told me I had to go to my retailer and can't get a refund straight from them :/ so back to square one on that.

I don't want to risk these on my CPU cooler after all this drama. Also I see that some people that have got them working are complaining of errors in the PWM control.

• 1 month later...

Latest on this is that I was told in June that the controllers wouldn't be ready until July. I contacted them again earlier this month and they said it would be late July. Am going to contact them again today and see how far back they are pushing it again, lol.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:37 PM, -Plasma said:

Latest on this is that I was told in June that the controllers wouldn't be ready until July. I contacted them again earlier this month and they said it would be late July. Am going to contact them again today and see how far back they are pushing it again, lol.

Does this mean it's a controller issue and not a software issue? I'm running Ryzen and I just assumed I'd be waiting for a software update. They've already sent me 2 new controllers that did no good. If they are making completely new hardware to fix the problem I'm just wondering if I need to contact them again.

On 7/27/2017 at 2:52 AM, IceCreamTruq said:

Does this mean it's a controller issue and not a software issue? I'm running Ryzen and I just assumed I'd be waiting for a software update. They've already sent me 2 new controllers that did no good. If they are making completely new hardware to fix the problem I'm just wondering if I need to contact them again.

It is a controller issue on Ryzen and I have heard back from Thermaltake Australia yesterday telling me to send proof or purchase, serial no's etc to get the new controllers. So they must be ready and in stock, at least here in Australia.

I will update again when I receive them to say whether they work properly.

I have lost 6 months of warranty tho at this point so am not happy about that.

On 4/19/2017 at 7:26 PM, Atingleee said:

Hi guys, are any of you running Ryzen systems by any chance? I ask because atm there is a software conflict with riing and ryzen and we're waiting for a hotfix from thermaltake. Admittedly its been almost a month since they told me they're working on it so dont really have an ETA. Hope this helps!

I am having a same issue, I recently purchased the THERMALTAKE RIING 14CM RGB 3 FANS PACK FAN for my new build but it is not working as per expectations. After installing all the drivers and the software from the website, the software does not detect the 3 fans. I've tried downloading different versions of the software. The older version will have 3 fans displaying at 0 RPMs and i'm not able to control the fans still.

Software download links as below;

And Here are the things that i have tried.
  • I've connected the fans into different headers from the controller.
  • I've connected the fan controller into all of the 9 pin USB2 on my motherboard.
  • I've connected different Molex cables into the fan controller.
  • I've used different points of my power supply.
  • I've used both of the USB ports from the controller cables.
  • I've tried all the controller number settings i could from the back of the controller.
  • I've tried to get a new controller
And still i cannot get the software to detect the fans. I think i am not the only one with this issue I need advice on this. Please help !!
The main star of this build were the fans 
My CPU build as such
  • Msi x370 Gaming pro carbon
  • Ryzen 7 1700x
  • G750M 750 Watt Semi-Modular 80 PLUS 
  • Asus GTX1080 8g 11gbs
*I think these are the parts I need to list for the "debugging".
**All parts purchased on July 2017.
***Thermaltake fans ordered online on 2nd August 2017.
****Thermaltake fans arrived on 4th August 2017.

1 hour ago, LeslieYee said:

I am having a same issue, I recently purchased the THERMALTAKE RIING 14CM RGB 3 FANS PACK FAN for my new build but it is not working as per expectations. After installing all the drivers and the software from the website, the software does not detect the 3 fans. I've tried downloading different versions of the software. The older version will have 3 fans displaying at 0 RPMs and i'm not able to control the fans still.

Software download links as below;

And Here are the things that i have tried.
  • I've connected the fans into different headers from the controller.
  • I've connected the fan controller into all of the 9 pin USB2 on my motherboard.
  • I've connected different Molex cables into the fan controller.
  • I've used different points of my power supply.
  • I've used both of the USB ports from the controller cables.
  • I've tried all the controller number settings i could from the back of the controller.
  • I've tried to get a new controller
And still i cannot get the software to detect the fans. I think i am not the only one with this issue I need advice on this. Please help !!
The main star of this build were the fans 
My CPU build as such
  • Msi x370 Gaming pro carbon
  • Ryzen 7 1700x
  • G750M 750 Watt Semi-Modular 80 PLUS 
  • Asus GTX1080 8g 11gbs
*I think these are the parts I need to list for the "debugging".
**All parts purchased on July 2017.
***Thermaltake fans ordered online on 2nd August 2017.
****Thermaltake fans arrived on 4th August 2017.

Hi,

Yes it is well known that it is an issue with Ryzen. Call customer support to discuss your options. I believe there is a new controller that is needed. Dont bother troubleshooting further, it will not fix the issue unfortunately. Hopefully you can sort it out and have your rig up and running asap!

• 6 months later...

Just an update on getting new controllers to fix this issue from Thermaltake Australia.

The last communication I had from them was 3.5 months ago saying they were still waiting on stock. I sent them another inquiry today and we'll see how long they delay me this time. I guess they are thinking I will give up, but if they wanted that they should have approved the return of the product and not string me along waiting for this fix.

At this point for me it's almost 1 year waiting for the fix and my warranty will be up soon without even using the product as intended :/.

On 14/02/2018 at 8:12 AM, -Plasma said:

Just an update on getting new controllers to fix this issue from Thermaltake Australia.

The last communication I had from them was 3.5 months ago saying they were still waiting on stock. I sent them another inquiry today and we'll see how long they delay me this time. I guess they are thinking I will give up, but if they wanted that they should have approved the return of the product and not string me along waiting for this fix.

At this point for me it's almost 1 year waiting for the fix and my warranty will be up soon without even using the product as intended :/.

Hummm..hi people ! I have to say that i understand you...Figure i have a Ryzen (a Ryzen R7 1800X oc to 4.1Ghz)..and a Gigabyte motherboard...a Gaming K7 in AX370.

The fact is...it's very very weird but the aplicaiton doesn't work at all ! In fact..he doesn't show up...even in administrator launch !

I have just recieved all of therm (i mean 3 packs of 3 fans...)) I mean the last ones.. The Riing Plus RGB 

I have tried to reinstalkld etc...Nothing react...

The application on Android is wel awful...doesn't detect anything (even the standard rgb one;.)..

I am a bit disappointed (see i have even change the alimentation just for molex connections...great...)

I am running Winodws 10 Pro . the last build (Fall Creator's Update).

I have the two versions of the application..and no ones is working.. i am wondering what is bad ? The famous controller ? Or the application itself? 

I hope to have a answer... Have  a nice day guys ^^

• 3 months later...

In April I finally received the replacement controllers from Thermaltake Australia. They also supplied the USB and Power cables. They looked identical to the original ones and there's no dates or anything to show date of manufacture.

I hadn't had time to install them until today.... and they do not work on my Ryzen machine still, exactly the same result as with the old ones. Almost a year waiting for a Ryzen solution and it does not work.

I suspect because it took them so long to get the apparent 'Ryzen-compatible' controllers in they just sent me the original standard ones to shut me up.

Long story short, warranty is done so I give up on this issue. Good luck all, but my advice is whoever has a Ryzen and these Riing 14 Premium fans to get rid of them and try something else for your Ryzen Machine.

Hi, 

I understand your frustration as we has some challenges as well when AMD made a change to the IC for the new RYZEN stuff which was "after" our launch of this product. 

The controller you need has a small dot on the bottom by the dip switch.

We had to make a change due to this change they made from previous chipsets and is also not the same as what intel does.

Here is what the correct controller looks like, this is all you really need. If you are already in contact with our ANZ team, just hit them up about it, it was likely a misunderstanding on what you needed, apologize about that, but should be an easy fix once you get the right controller.

image.png

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Ha ha. 2019 and problem with RGB Software for ryzen. Thermaltake... Only complaint. 

I bought three fans. The controller is not detected by the motherboard.

OK super. 100 Euro. Software not Working.

Tomahowk b350

Unfortunately. I am disappointed.