Can I connect the RGB Controller that comes with Riing12 RGB fans to my motherboard RGB header?

NinjaSandvich

I recently bought 3 Thermaltake Riing12 RGB fans and have installed them and they work and look great, however I was wondering if there was any way I could sync the RGBs on these fans to the ones on my motherboard header. My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming and has a 5-pin RGBW header on it, currently using a Phanteks RGB adapter to connect a LEDMO LED strip to my case. I was wondering if there was any way for me to sync the RGB fans to the RGBs on my motherboard, and the ones currently in my case?

The RGB controller included with the fans uses a 4-pin fan header, from what I can tell. Would it break anything if I were to try and connect this to the 5-pin RGBW header on my motherboard? Or connect it to the spare end of the Phanteks adapter I have, would either of these work and if not, what would?

• 2 years later...