Riing rgb premium can't run systems ryzen?

Donjuan9

Posted this on another thread, might work here too. 

I got it working on my ryzen 1600 and gigabyte ab350m. I had to use a micro USB cable from my phone to hook up the controller to a spare usb slot in my i/o. The internal usb on mobo seems to not work with the controller :/ Before I did this, the software wouldnt even start. It would appear in my tray but be unresponsive and no window would open. Now it works fine, i just have a random usb cable coming out of the case ####. Im on v2.1.5 of the software (non-plus riing) but maybe this fix would work for the plus models and the plus software. Goodluck!

Posted this on another thread:

Hello, i had this problem until just now!, i'm using the premium v1.0.7 on a R7 1700 and it also didn't start, tried connecting to an external USB3.1 (case port connected via internal header) and didn't work, tried one of the USB2 ports on the back and no dice, that's when i tried one of the USB 3.1 also on the back of the motherboard and it works!, for some reason it throws a controller no.1 warning screen but it's working perfectly so far.

According to the motherboard manual the usb ports where it didn't work are coming from the X370 chipset and the one that is working from comes from the CPU itself, this is on an msi x370 gaming pro carbon so try connecting on a port that doesn't come from the chipset and see if it works.

• 8 months later...

Hi ! I wanted to know because wel...i have the legendary issue too - - I have just try to connect with a micro usb to USB cable ...And connect it on my USB 3.1 motherbnoar'd and ...the same...

Ah by the way ! It may help a lot !

I am on the LAST version on my motherboard ^^ The BIOS F22b (it come out juste the 13 February 2018...see here !

So i am wondering if it's not because of the last BIOS (problem woith the application who does'nt show at all..but it's marked as work/..in background).

Thanks you very much for your assistance ! ^^

8,21 MB

2018/02/13
  1. Update AGESA 1.0.0.0a + SMU 30.67.0 for Raven Ridge CPU performance enhance