DPS Software is horrendously bad

So, not so proud owner of a DPS 1000 RGB and my first impressions were really bad. I have been using the version that got released 8 hours ago.

1. The RGB settings are not stored on the device. Since the software was bad altogether, I just wanted to save the settings and forget about the software altogether. But unlike how it is advertised, not all the settings are stored on the device (Only the fan speed seems to be stored, not the RGB color).

Solution: Store all data on the device

2. Fan speed has three choices: Full speed is well, full speed. Silent is not really silent. Zero fan seems to not work as the fan wants to spin beyond 40 degrees, which is quite acceptable.

Solution: A fan curve is absolutely necessary. If saving the fan curve is too much for the integrated memory on the device, at least a static fan speed while zero being really zero.

3. Irresponsive and bad UX flash based app: This doesn't really have to be the case... Things respond two seconds after pressing. Having to input password to logout. Login and Logout being on the same page and only being have to hover over them to actually understand the login state.

Solution: Self explanatory..

4. Getting forced to Login everytime: PC boots and baam, you should login because its awesome and two buttons to prompt out.

Solution: Don't ask me again checkbox

So this all might sound harsh but it comes from a software developer and sometimes this is what it takes for things to be fixed. So with a little research, DPS RGB lineup was released (Or at least prototyped) at CES 2016 and there were PLENTY of time for such things to be fixed. The hardware looks really really good so far but the software, as mentioned on the title, Horrendously bad which is not a good fit together.

I would like to know if the RGB profile not being saved issue is software or hardware related so that I can decide if I should return the PSU.

Sorry for being harsh,

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Thank your for the great feedback that can help making improvements on the software.

To answer your questions and suggestions:

9 hours ago, Naojirou said:

1. The RGB settings are not stored on the device. Since the software was bad altogether, I just wanted to save the settings and forget about the software altogether. But unlike how it is advertised, not all the settings are stored on the device (Only the fan speed seems to be stored, not the RGB color).

I'm afraid that the RGB lighting effects can not be saved because this requires hardware support. However, the RGB settings should be stored by the software. That means every time the system is turned on and the software is loaded, the RGB will be set with last setting.

10 hours ago, Naojirou said:

2. Fan speed has three choices: Full speed is well, full speed. Silent is not really silent. Zero fan seems to not work as the fan wants to spin beyond 40 degrees, which is quite acceptable.

The idea of having a fan curve profile is really good. We have been thinking of how to apply the fan profile into the fan control, but the hardware might not allow software control with fan curve profile. We are still working on this function and hopefully this will be integrated into our software soon in the future update.

10 hours ago, Naojirou said:

3. Irresponsive and bad UX flash based app: This doesn't really have to be the case... Things respond two seconds after pressing. Having to input password to logout. Login and Logout being on the same page and only being have to hover over them to actually understand the login state.

This issue has been listed to be the first priority. Our software team is working on the issue and making the software smoother.

The reason of why it requires password to logout is security concern. The software supports PC off remote control feature. If anyone can logout the software, the owner might not be able to turn off the PC while being away from the system.

11 hours ago, Naojirou said:

4. Getting forced to Login everytime: PC boots and baam, you should login because its awesome and two buttons to prompt out.

About the login issue, we will consider to add the "do not show this again" check box as you suggest.

Once again we very appreciate the feedback and the suggestions you shared with us.

It might take time to fix all the bugs, and we will be working very hard to make the software better.

Thanks for being patient with us

please feel free to let us know if you still have any questions or any suggestions on the software