DPS software - causing issues with PWM fan control

I recently purchased a DPS 1250w RGB power supply and it seems like a very good unit so far but i'm not having the best experience with the software.   Long story short I don't want the SPM cloud component.   Every time windows loads up the software loads and comes into the foreground on my desktop and sits there asking me to login to the cloud component.  When I try and cancel that it tells me that I should login and I'm not going to get the most out of the software etc etc.  Can I just stop this?  I just to be able to see my power use occasionally when I want to and turn on the RGB ring which I guess I can only set with this software.   

PS:  I have discovered that while the SPM software is running I loose control of the fans on my H115i cooler.  I realize that is a Corsair product - but your software should not interfere with fan control on any product.  So I have had to disable the SPM software completely so I can control my water cooler fans.  

Thanks.  All I want to do is get the RGB ring light on - I don't want all the cloud stuff.  For a $350 power supply I would hope I can just enable the light without being bothered to have to login somewhere.  Please!  Thanks!

FYI - I noticed the 850w RGB power supply has a button for the light to come on.  Why was that not on the flagship product? 

At this point I'm seriously considering returning it.. this is not what I wanted.   It's a very beautiful power supply but the software is bad.. I'm sorry to sound harsh but this is one of your flagship products and one of the primary selling points, RGB lighting, can only be enabled with software?  And the software is just awkwardly bad.  It's a power supply - it really shouldn't require software..    

Hi,

The RGB power supply with the switch button only has limit lighting options (solid Red, Green, Blue, White, RGB Cycle and LED Off)

The 1250W Titanium support the software control with more RGB lighting options (single, random, and RGB cycle)and colors.

beside, it also offers DPS G Riing RGB App (available on apple store and Android play) that can control the RGB lighting remotely and support music and microphone modes. 

The reason of why switch button and software control can't happen in the one unit is because the conflicts might be caused by uncertain priority of lighting control.

• r3v3nant changed the title to DPS software - causing issues with fan corsair control

So I have found now that I completely loose PWM fan control with the SPM software loaded.  This is BROKEN!  I have disabled the software in windows for now.  

Thermaltake - Please investigate why the SPM software is disabling PWM fan control for Corsair H series (Hydro) coolers.  While the SPM software is running, it has a LOT of other applications that run with it, Hwinfo and more, and I suspect one of them is what is disabling the fan control on my H115i.  When I stop the SPM software all control comes back.   

• r3v3nant changed the title to DPS software - causing issues with PWM fan control
  • 1 month later...
On 6/21/2017 at 2:12 AM, Denny said:

Hi,

Does your power supply directly connect to motherboard without using USB extension?

Sometimes this happens because of using USB extension.

No... I plug the power supply in with the provided USB cable directly to the motherboard.  I am still just not using the software because of the PWM fan thing. :/