Riing 14 Premium RGB - DOA?

pgrisham

I just built a new system today, and I included Riing 14 Premium fans (not the plus), and the software does not connect. I"m getting the message that the controller can't be found.

It does load up as "USB Input Device", but when the program opens it can't find the controller.

I've tried both USB 2.0 ports on the board, two different molex connectors (with 3 connectors on each)

The fans are running, and are red, but I can't change the speed or color

I've reinstalled and rebooted more times then I can count and nothing seems to get them to work.

I made sure I powered down every time I made a change to software or hardware.

Is there anything else I can do? I'm using the latest software off this site (as of today).

-Patrick

Hi Patrick,

What motherboard model are you using in the build to reference?

If you have a micro USB to USB cable around, connect that into the controller and the other end into one of the USB ports on off the I/O. See if it will detect then if you have it available.

Another thing, push in the micro USB cable into the controller, hold it in there and see if the software updates and detects.

Could just be defective controller/cable, can call our support and we can test a replacement before it goes out to help and discuss more details on what is all involved.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us