C1000 coolant "sediment"

Charles R

I noticed when originally purchasing my C1000 coolant all of the colors had some "sediment" on the bottom of the bottle. I tried to purchase the one with the least amount and noticed if I spun the bottle it would be dissolved (disappear). I also noticed it had a two year shelf life if I remember...

That was roughly six months ago and I just noticed I have a "massive" build-up on my tubes and I presume within the radiator and CPU block. My pump is working fine and has been set to its fastest setting. However of late I have been leaving the PC turned off for days at a time (up to a week) and then powered up for only a few hours with this cycle being repeated for months.

The CPU temperature hasn't changed so the cooling process is still working. Also since I have noticed it (roughly three days ago) I have been running it for 12 hours a day or so and about 33-50% of the sediment (attached image is the current state) has been dissolved. So I'm hoping the rest will be as well... given a week or so.

Anyone else seen such? Any hope it will entirely disappear?

DSC04916.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up "squeezing" the tubes and most of the sediment assimilated into the liquid however there were still a white "haze" in places. At that point I disassembled the entire loop and punted. Looking at my local Fry's I noticed every color of coolant has sediment on the bottom of the bottle outside of perhaps black. Back when I started the build I noticed such and wish I had given it more credence.

Bottom line not sure it should be sold when clearly it isn't clear for long...

I have the same problem, I purchased Thermaltake Pacific DIY LCS RL240 High Capacity D5 Res/Pump Hard Tube Red LED Ring Fan / Opaque Coolant Water Cooling Kit CL-W128-CA12RE-A, this came with RED C1000 coolant that has a lot of sediments settled at the bottom of the bottle, I am currently just using mineral water to run my system, I am wondering if I can have this replaced /RMA with Thermaltake CL-W021-OS00BU-A DIY LCS Coolant Blue 1000ml.  I don't want to deal with the clogging issues and Sediments I am reading about all over the Web with this coolant, Can someone from the Thermaltake Admin Group please advise.