Riing 12 RGB Fan, modify to work with Commander F6 RGB

IidaHitoshi

Hey guys,

New to the forum, had a quick look around and couldnt find a topic. I know that the Riing fans are different pins to the F6 Commander.
Has anyone figured out the wiring diagram, or gotten them to work together?

I'm doing a tower 900 build and would be a shame not to use my F6 commander in the front bay.

The non-Plus RGB fans have a one pin data line from the hub to the fan's built in LED controller... so you'd either have to figure out the data on that pin or connect the fan's 4 wires to each LED R-G-B-(Gr) to another controller... not plug&play in any way.

Oh, the 5 pin header is Data, Ground, +12V, PWM and RPM Sense... I can't remember the order off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1.9.2017 at 9:10 PM, carbonsx said:

The non-Plus RGB fans have a one pin data line from the hub to the fan's built in LED controller... so you'd either have to figure out the data on that pin or connect the fan's 4 wires to each LED R-G-B-(Gr) to another controller... not plug&play in any way.

Oh, the 5 pin header is Data, Ground, +12V, PWM and RPM Sense... I can't remember the order off the top of my head.

Does this also count for the Riing Premium fans, too as they also got a 5-Pin JST 2.0 PH connector?

• 1 month later...

The Riing Premium RGB is what I was referring to... the 'standard' Riing RGB fans, while also 5-pin, are not compatible with the Riing Premium RGB fan controllers. I missed that the original post was for the non-Premium Riing RGB.

Basically Thermaltake has made no effort to make anything inter-operable between their own product line or anyone else's.