Motherboard E-ATX on core P5?

SimoneTek

Hello, i Will buy the New Amd Threadripper and i like The X399 Zenith Extreme Asus 

This motherboard is E-ATX and my case Core p5 say "Support Only ATX". But Online i have seen Many Pc with Zenith Extreme on Core p5. It means that the Thermaltake Core p5 Support E-ATX too?

Thanks, Simone 

P.s Sorry for my English, i'm italian

I am building a Zenith Extreme on a P5.  The E-ATX completely covers the main wire pass through ports. What I did is get some very tall standoffs.  Of course this means you must use the vertical riser setup for the GPU.  Also, I am just finding out that the IO shield interferes with the tempered glass mounting block.  I am thinking about machining the corner of the block to make clearance.  If you are just using the front panel, or the plexi kit that only has the front, shouldn't be a problem.  Building this system has taken many hours already!  I still have time since my waterblock is still on backorder.

20170902_111526.jpg

20170903_102542.jpg

20170910_082155.jpg

Edited by ~M2~
Add Picture

• 1 month later...

Got it finished a few weeks ago!  Milled the corner off on the glass panel mounting block near the IO shield.  This beast is HEAVY!  was going to wall mount it, but opted to just stand it on the desk.Had the old style riser cable, so I requested a replacement.  New one came in a few days.  Also have a an EZDIY 300mm cable from Amazon which looks identical to the new Thermaltake cable (except a tad longer) .  Both work flawlessly.20170930_163523.thumb.jpg.90825d34555a18f96524ed1f8d4682d3.jpg20170930_162759.thumb.jpg.796359e21d14cb6f85523a85869b3afb.jpg20170930_162851.thumb.jpg.8cd813e0678d1bf33a7571c6c5803110.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 9:57 AM, SimoneTek said:

Hello, i Will buy the New Amd Threadripper and i like The X399 Zenith Extreme Asus 

This motherboard is E-ATX and my case Core p5 say "Support Only ATX". But Online i have seen Many Pc with Zenith Extreme on Core p5. It means that the Thermaltake Core p5 Support E-ATX too?

Thanks, Simone 

P.s Sorry for my English, i'm italian

Nice work man... I'm trying to used and old E-ATX Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Forc with a Thermaltake **P3** I do not want to use a **P5**. (It's too big from my perspective)
Do you know if can be the same work... if will enter in this P3?

On 9/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, ~M2~ said:

I am building a Zenith Extreme on a P5.  The E-ATX completely covers the main wire pass through ports. What I did is get some very tall standoffs.  Of course this means you must use the vertical riser setup for the GPU.  Also, I am just finding out that the IO shield interferes with the tempered glass mounting block.  I am thinking about machining the corner of the block to make clearance.  If you are just using the front panel, or the plexi kit that only has the front, shouldn't be a problem.  Building this system has taken many hours already!  I still have time since my waterblock is still on backorder.

Nice work man... I'm trying to used and old E-ATX Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Forc with a Thermaltake **P3** I do not want to use a **P5**. (It's too big from my perspective)
Do you know if can be the same work... if will enter in this P3?