$400 worth of fans and the software wont work

Reika

I have bought 4x packs of 3x ring RGB+ fans with controllers, set them up per the videos, and the software wont recognize them.

1. Yes I did both softwares

2. I swapped out the controllers 1 by 1 with the extra to confirm if I have a bad one

3. The dip switches are set correctly

4. I even tried the ryzen solution which is use a usb to micro usb instead of the usb header on the motherboard

image.png.384d8f47dd0d560e2d335388a553453f.png

Anyone able to help make this crap work.

Hi,

Can you please post your system specs so we know what you are working with?

If the USB cable from Controller >>> Back of motherboard is not detecting, try:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the software and the correct software for the fans you purchased - check our website.

2. Test with just one controller, re-seat all connections

3. When using the cable, push in and hold the micro USB going into the controller, when you hold it in there, does the controller now detect? - could be connection issue (Physical)

4. If #3 is the issue, make sure you dont have the controller smashed into the back of the case where the cables can get disconnected.

5. Check device manager, is this a fresh install? If so, make sure everything is installed, especially audio/USB drivers

6. Try a laptop or other system with just one controller and fan using a micro USB cable, if it works in a completely different system, prob need to format your OS.

On 10/2/2017 at 0:25 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Can you please post your system specs so we know what you are working with?

If the USB cable from Controller >>> Back of motherboard is not detecting, try:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the software and the correct software for the fans you purchased - check our website.

2. Test with just one controller, re-seat all connections

3. When using the cable, push in and hold the micro USB going into the controller, when you hold it in there, does the controller now detect? - could be connection issue (Physical)

4. If #3 is the issue, make sure you dont have the controller smashed into the back of the case where the cables can get disconnected.

5. Check device manager, is this a fresh install? If so, make sure everything is installed, especially audio/USB drivers

6. Try a laptop or other system with just one controller and fan using a micro USB cable, if it works in a completely different system, prob need to format your OS.

• i7-5820k @4.4GHz
  • 64GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200MHz
  • GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Extreme
  • 512GB Samsung 950pro NVMe M.2 SSD
  • MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 Motherboard
  • Thermaltake View 71 RGB 4-Sided Tempered Glass Case
  • x10 Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB Fans (because in all thermaltakes wisdom, you cant squeeze the two fans on the bottom due to the power supply being in the way. Good job guys)
  • Corsair HX1000i PSU
  • Thermaltake 360 AIO Watercooler

1. Yes
    2. Done
    3. Nothing happens
    5. They are all up to date installed one by one
    6. You dont get to blame this on the OS, look at how many other threads there are about this issue.

Your only saving grace is the #### RGB looks great and I havent wanted to switch the colors yet, but I am really tired of not being able to control my fan speeds.

YDS7l1w.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I see you are both in the USA, please call our support to go into detail on what is going on.  Toll Free: 800.988.1088

Our team can help you with troubleshooting closer on what you have. We can then offer a RMA if needed to help and test the replacement before it goes out.

It is the fastest way to get support from Thermaltake USA.

I apologize I have been busy and away from my desk recently.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:01 PM, Reika said:
  • i7-5820k @4.4GHz
  • 64GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200MHz
  • GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Extreme
  • 512GB Samsung 950pro NVMe M.2 SSD
  • MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 Motherboard
  • Thermaltake View 71 RGB 4-Sided Tempered Glass Case
  • x10 Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB Fans (because in all thermaltakes wisdom, you cant squeeze the two fans on the bottom due to the power supply being in the way. Good job guys)
  • Corsair HX1000i PSU
  • Thermaltake 360 AIO Watercooler

1. Yes
    2. Done
    3. Nothing happens
    5. They are all up to date installed one by one
    6. You dont get to blame this on the OS, look at how many other threads there are about this issue.

Your only saving grace is the #### RGB looks great and I havent wanted to switch the colors yet, but I am really tired of not being able to control my fan speeds.

YDS7l1w.gif

You should try on another system.

USB cable from your controller to say a laptop and see if it detects there. standard Micro USB cable works just fine for this and tells a lot about the issue.

Testing the connectivity on your motherboard is important, something is either loose in connection or faulty with either the controller or the USB header, do you have more than 1 USB header? please try it.

Lastly, Call us, we can discuss further and if we cant resolve over the phone, we can swap the controller under warranty.