Need longer ATX 24-Pin power connector cable with Core X71?

King Mustard

Hi,

If using the PSU in the bottom chamber, it will not reach to the point of what you would like and I would suggest getting some extensions for both looks and the length so you can have much better cable management for a build with this chassis. That is what I did on the couple I have made so far :)

Also, if you want to get a little modding going on, line up where you want your cables to pass-through and just cut some custom channels for pass-throughs to get some really clean cable lines. Details are always fun to work out, hard to set this up by default so you would have to take the panel out.

Just an idea XD

20 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

If using the PSU in the bottom chamber, it will not reach to the point of what you would like and I would suggest getting some extensions for both looks and the length so you can have much better cable management for a build with this chassis. That is what I did on the couple I have made so far :)

So if you put an ATX motherboard in this case, and place a standard PSU in the lower chamber (as you're supposed to, as not much else useful will go down there (LED fans do not count as useful)), the PSU cabling won't reach the motherboard?

What genius made this case? :lol:

Hi,

It is designed to give you options and that is what it offers.

This case does support the use of mounting the PSU in the bottom chamber and the 24-pin is not much to worry about unlike the EPS cable for the MB. For this we included an extension EPS cable in the box with the case just for this reason.

With the option to hide the PSU completely and the cables, nice modded extensions really give this case a nice clean look.

I dont think it is that big of an issue, I take it you dont have the case to tell and I understand.

Also good to check your PSU cable lengths when planning on a chamber design case of this size, cable lengths do vary.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...