Floe Riing Software

bcober

I am having a hard time using the Tt Premium Edition Software wit the 360 Floe Riing....

If I set the fans as Floe Riing RGB it seems to cool effectively, but I have not control over the speed at a ll only the rgb.

If I set them to Riing Plus, then I can set the speed, but it seems to be ineffective at cooling.

My Case is Themaltake View 31 - can I control those fans with the same software?

Overall the hardware is great - but the software integration is really kind of confusing

Hi,

Thanks for posting, nice to meet you.

You should have control of the fan speeds to set manually or by using the PWM function.

You select either Silent or performance mode and PWM is considered an on/off function for the other mode you pick, Silent/Performance.

With this you can only control the fans, the pump is setup and controlled automatically, unfortunately you cannot change the pump speed manually.

Only Plus family products can link up with the controller, any other fans have a different connection and are not compatible. You will have 5 ports, with 4 of them populated for the 3 fans + pump.

Got a screenshot?

Yes, you will not have speed control on the pump top, just the lighting.

You also have to set which port is what, so you need to know which one is your pump from the fans and select them from the drop down.

You have speed control on the fans as well as the lighting and PWM function.

Also make sure you are running the latest version 1.1.4 off our website.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe someone in here can help me with this. 

I just bought a Floe Triple Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition AIO cpu cooler and had to send back because the lighting didn’t work.  Thermaltake did a great job on the rma turnaround.  The lights work now and the fans work but I can’t control any of that because the software locks up my computer as soon as it starts.  I am really frustrated.  I not only replaced the cooler, I upgraded the case etc so that I could just put it together and run with it.  I have an Asrock z97 Extreme 6 with an unlocked i7 (4790k I think), 32 gigs of ram, an msi gtx1070 running in a thermaltake vertical adapter  and a couple of Samsung NVMe solid state drives.  As you can see thing needs to be run cool. Why is the software locking up.  As soon as it loads the computer, mouse and keyboard freeze up.  No error, no nothing.
I have been building computers for years and it is really rare for me to have software lockup my computer like this (rare as in never happens).  It seems that a likely culprit for this problem is through the motherboard usb connection that the "controller" wants.  I don't have mini usb to full size usb converter cable, but if my assessment sounds even remotely possible to one of you "experts"  I'll make make one.  As to my second question - is there a way to control monitor the pump on this thing?  I hope one of you that knows theses coolers can help out so I can tie up the wiring on this computer and be done with it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

RRoth

Hi,

Saw your other post and replied there as well to mention.

Unplug the USB header cable and boot the system, does it lock up still?

I have not seen any issue around with freezing on boot caused by our software, maybe a stability issue? Are you OC on anything? Try going back to stock to test.

Narrow it down and remove things to see where it works and breaks. You can also disable the "Boot on startup" and then just run the software manually for troubleshooting to find out what is going on.

Keep us posted or just contact our support and talk with us about it in detail.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

fixed it by manually adding the software to my Windows startup folder.  Also the default path the  installer uses doesn't work for me.  I installed the software in C:\tt\... which made it work.  I'm using Windows 8.1.  Barring the hassle that I went  through to get this thing to work (rma because the lights didn't work, software couldn't see hardware, and this latest fiasco with the software locking up my system )- I do like the cooler much better than the Corsair unit it replaced.  My system is at least 15c  cooler then the Corsair AIO was giving me.  The lesson learned from all this?  I'm gonna build my own cooling system next time. ;^)