FIX for Riing Plus Software 1.1.6+ - Wrong Temperature read-outs Ryzen (incl. Threadripper)

CrazoniX

Hey TT-Community,

Problem:

The FloeRiingPlus Software reads the temp including the 27°C Offset of Threadripper -> fans spinning at higher RPMs -> higher noise

Solution:

1. Uninstall your current Riing Plus RGB Software.

2a. Download the older Version of the Software (It's V1.0.0 =  http://www.thermaltake.com/db/support/software/RiingPlusRGBTtPremiumEdition_Setup.rar ) and install it.

2b. Or just download the two .dll files I attached to this Post. Continue with step 5. (HWiNFO32.dll and HWiNFO64.dll) 

3. After you installed V1.0.0 go into the install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Tt\Riing Plus RGB Tt Premium Edition), then copy HWiNFO32.dll and HWiNFO64.dll onto your Desktop.

4. Now uninstall the Software again, and install the new one (currently V1.1.4 = http://www.thermaltake.com/db/support/software/Riing_Plus_RGB_Tt_Premium_Edition_Setup_1.1.4_x86.zip )

5. After you installed the new version, close it, and go into install directory again (C:\Program Files (x86)\Tt\Riing Plus RGB Tt Premium Edition), and copy HWiNFO32.dll and HWiNFO64.dll into this folder.

6. Click replace and continue (if necessary)

7. Now it should work.

@Thermaltake @Thermaltake Admin @ThermalMike Maybe you can look into this, I think it's just the wrong Version of HWiNFO. The new Version worked for me when I updated to it, but not when I clean install the software.

HWiNFO32.dll

HWiNFO64.dll

Edited by CrazoniX
Updated post

Hi CrazoniX

Riing Plus PWM function is based on system temperature not only by CPU temperature. So you can check another device just like VGA temperature.

Is it possible to provide "Info" data in the 1.14 version software lower left corner? Reinstall the new one.

We can try to read the data and analyze why have 27 degree offset.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to disable a particular temperature sensor?  The software is taking the highest value, which in my case is the PCH temp sensor.

This is running higher than the rest of the system and increasing the fan speed on the radiator does nothing for this.  I only want it to increase speed based upon the other temperature sensors.

On 4.1.2018 at 3:58 AM, Tony.P said:

Hi CrazoniX

Riing Plus PWM function is based on system temperature not only by CPU temperature. So you can check another device just like VGA temperature.

Is it possible to provide "Info" data in the 1.14 version software lower left corner? Reinstall the new one.

We can try to read the data and analyze why have 27 degree offset.

Hey Tony,

sorry for my late reply.

Here the information you wanted with the latest Version 1.1.6 (I only took the relevant information out of the Info tab):

HWiNFO32.dll, that came with the standard installer (The RGB Riing Plus Software shows 56°C in the bottom right):

------------HWi32_GetSensorName:CPU [#0] Node #0: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X = 0----------------------

HWi32_GetTemperature:CPU (Tctl) = 55.875 (Its taking the Tctl temp which includes the offset of 27°C)

HWi32_GetTemperature:CPU (Tdie) = 28.875 (It should take this temp, which is without the offset)

And here with after I replaced the HWiNFO32.dll with the older one:

------------HWi32_GetSensorName:ASRock X399 Professional Gaming = 0----------------------

HWi32_GetTemperature:CPU = 33 (The old HWiNFO32.dll only has one Temperature readout for the the CPU, which is without the offset)

So I think the Software searches for "HWi32_GetTemperature:CPU" from the HWiNFO32 information and takes the first value it finds.

And because this is only for the Ryzen and Ryzen Threadripper with the "X" it doesnt affect many people.

Maybe you can look into this.

-CrazoniX