Jump to content
qlooney

Riing Plus Controller stop working

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Apparently a lot of people are having trouble with the riing plus, but mine is a bit weird though

I was having the same problem regarding the riing plus controller compatibility with ryzen. Contacted the local distributor and they sent me the new controller which is compatible and it did work. So I thought everything was solved, but not quite ...

The next day, when I turned my pc on, the riing software gave a warning that no controller found with error code H_0x0001. I tried to unplug the cable and reconnect everything and restarted the pc but it still gave me the same error. I tried the detecting application that the distributor sent me previously, and it said 'no devices found!'

Did my (new) controller just died? :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Seems like that is possible. You have seen it work and know how to connect it, you either have a loose connection somewhere or wires when they got pushed back into the case causes something. Make sure you dont have any weird setting for the USB headers to reduce power (New MB have this now).

Maybe a windows update or something, hard to say, but it is working i know that much ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

it's now working (again), and to be honest I haven't done anything special since the last time it said no devices found. All I did was turn off the pc (because I had to go out) and when I came back, turned the pc on and ... it's running normally. Still don't know what happened though, but at least it is working now. :lol:

 

And just a quick question: why do TT still uses molex connector for the riing plus? :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, qlooney said:

Hi,

it's now working (again), and to be honest I haven't done anything special since the last time it said no devices found. All I did was turn off the pc (because I had to go out) and when I came back, turned the pc on and ... it's running normally. Still don't know what happened though, but at least it is working now. :lol:

 

And just a quick question: why do TT still uses molex connector for the riing plus? :unsure:

Hi,

Great to hear, hopefully you are solid now on the fans. As for the molex connection, it secures more than SATA can lock wise and we are looking into other options going forward following the trends of PSU connections. When you consider the fan power + the RGB LED power it is more than your typical fan with the added features you get, 12V and 5V are used for these operations. It also saves the hassle of having 2 separate wires off the fan and requiring the fans to be also connected to the MB like some of our competitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After more than three months trying to figure out the problem, I almost gave up on Riingplus RGB Fan Software with it's infamous "Error Code:H_0x0001",. Did every thing I possibly can based on solutions offered on the net, update BIOS etc. Unplugging the controller's power socket and plug it in again to make it work is really ridiculous. Now i have found the solution and it works . I used a USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 converter to connect  the controller USB 2.0 header and plug it into the onboard USB3.1 header on my Asus Maximus X formula. Another tip is DO NOT use the windows 10 hibernate/sleep function, or the  Error Code:H_0x0001 will rear its ugly head again. 

Edited by jinblack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jinblack said:

After more than three months trying to figure out the problem, I almost gave up on Riingplus RGB Fan Software with it's infamous "Error Code:H_0x0001",. Did every thing I possibly can based on solutions offered on the net, update BIOS etc. Unplugging the controller's power socket and plug it in again to make it work is really ridiculous. Now i have found the solution and it works . I used a USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 converter to connect  the controller USB 2.0 header and plug it into the onboard USB3.1 header on my Asus Maximus X formula. Another tip is DO NOT use the windows 10 hibernate/sleep function, or the  Error Code:H_0x0001 will rear its ugly head again. 

Thank you fore the feedback, especially on the motherboard you are using. If you have your Sleep settings in the bios to disable the 5V on the USB header for the "power safe" feature that will happen. You should be able to adjust the setting if this is something you like to use. Check with ASUS for details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Thank you fore the feedback, especially on the motherboard you are using. If you have your Sleep settings in the bios to disable the 5V on the USB header for the "power safe" feature that will happen. You should be able to adjust the setting if this is something you like to use. Check with ASUS for details.

yeah i tried that too but it is not working as anticipated and consistently..sometimes the particular error happens sometimes not...so for the moment I am happy  with my current setup..now am trying to figure out the 'no sound card error'. works fine with my asus xonar essence stx card but the function would not work with the built in motherboard relatek audio driver (latest driver).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give asus a call and see if they can give you any help on the settings in the bios on what can help with this.

Personally i am not a fan of this new "feature" they added, but what can you do? It effects anything plugged in that is not something simple, especially something that monitors values on the systems through this port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×