Floe Riing 240 Premium

boktan

Hi,

Did you set the DIP switch on that 2nd controller so they are not both on #1 (Default)

If the controller is not detected, you likely have a loose connection, could have been when you secured all the wires in the case to close it up.

What corsair product are you using? how you like the wire management? I have a hard time looking at those double wires coming off and the added controllers you have to BUY :)

3 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Did you set the DIP switch on that 2nd controller so they are not both on #1 (Default)

If the controller is not detected, you likely have a loose connection, could have been when you secured all the wires in the case to close it up.

What corsair product are you using? how you like the wire management? I have a hard time looking at those double wires coming off and the added controllers you have to BUY :)

Thanks for the reply, yes I did set the dip switch accordingly, and the daisy chain connection is from 4 pin to usb right? I'll check on the loose wiring again.

Wished the wiring for the Riing RGB is a little thinner.

For the Corsairs's, Im using the HD120 RGB's, given that the double wiring is a little messy, but i got it to work as I intended.

Thanks again

BT

Hi,

Yes, you can use the daisy chain cable or just use the other USB coming off the Y cable for the second controller.

Some things to try:

1. Try each controller by itself, make sure they both work standalone.

2. Double check the cable connections are all properly seated.

3. For the wiring you can remove the sleeve protection if you want to slim up the cable routing. (Have done this when using A LOT of fans in a case)

4. When you power up the system, if you get no detection initially, unplug the power cable from the controller, wait a bit, then reconnect. See if the fans are detected.

5. If the controllers/fans cannot detect, take a USB to micro USB cable (Like for your phone) and plug the USB into the back of the MB i/O USB and the micro to the controller. See if you get detection then, if so something could be up with the USB header, like a power save feature or initial boot up delay. (Have seen some new things showing up)

Please also help list some system specs, your OS version and the Riing Plus Software version you are running. Make sure you have the lastest 1.1.4 off our website. (Shows version in bottom right corner on the software)

On 1/5/2018 at 1:51 AM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Yes, you can use the daisy chain cable or just use the other USB coming off the Y cable for the second controller.

Some things to try:

1. Try each controller by itself, make sure they both work standalone.

2. Double check the cable connections are all properly seated.

3. For the wiring you can remove the sleeve protection if you want to slim up the cable routing. (Have done this when using A LOT of fans in a case)

4. When you power up the system, if you get no detection initially, unplug the power cable from the controller, wait a bit, then reconnect. See if the fans are detected.

5. If the controllers/fans cannot detect, take a USB to micro USB cable (Like for your phone) and plug the USB into the back of the MB i/O USB and the micro to the controller. See if you get detection then, if so something could be up with the USB header, like a power save feature or initial boot up delay. (Have seen some new things showing up)

Please also help list some system specs, your OS version and the Riing Plus Software version you are running. Make sure you have the lastest 1.1.4 off our website. (Shows version in bottom right corner on the software)

Following your instructions, I think out of 3 controllers, 2 are faulty, only the one that came with the Floe 240mm is working, the other 2 that came with the set of 3 fans spins the fans but cant be detected by the software. 

Specs are as follows.

OS Windows 10 Pro (updated)

CPU Intel Core i7 8700k

M/board Asus Z370E

Ram GSkill Trident Z RGB 4 X 8Gb 3600MHz

HDD: 2X 1Tb Samsung SM961 Raid 0

GPU Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti OC

PSU Corsair Ax1200i

Running 8 X Riing RGB 120mm fans in total including the 2 on the Floe Riing

Thanks again

Edited by boktan
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a replacement from Thermaltake, 2 controllers and some wiring, I first replaced the 2nd one because the software was giving me a message saying Warning Controller 2 and I cant seem to control controller 2 although the fans are working, I got the same warning message, so I replaced the 2nd controller, got the same message. In fact controller 1 is not highlighted now and controller 2 is red in color,meaning theres something wrong.

I am very certain that this will be my last purchased from Thermaltake, never had so many problems from a pc parts purchased before, and I think I am justified about warning others on spending theyre hard earned money on something thats faulty.

Hi,

Remember the Dip switches are to assign the controller to the number you want. Make sure it is not set on like number 8 or higher or you wont see it unless you scroll right. For the red one, that means one or more ports is not connected on the controller, all you have to do is turn that port off and the controller will go back to blue.

This is all built in to help, it is a different type of control many are not used to, there is a lot of features there.

I did have some other troubleshooting suggestions I did not see any reply back from you on yet. If you are in the USA, call our support and will walk you through it.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

7 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Remember the Dip switches are to assign the controller to the number you want. Make sure it is not set on like number 8 or higher or you wont see it unless you scroll right. For the red one, that means one or more ports is not connected on the controller, all you have to do is turn that port off and the controller will go back to blue.

This is all built in to help, it is a different type of control many are not used to, there is a lot of features there.

I did have some other troubleshooting suggestions I did not see any reply back from you on yet. If you are in the USA, call our support and will walk you through it.

I think after assembling a pc, I'm proficient enough to understand the function of a simple dip switch, as I indicated above, i set it to 2, which is the next number in order of the first. I did not set it to 3, nor 4 nor 8. 

And why did you assume that I did not reply? Isnt post on 8 January above a reply? Is not the words I did as you suggested a reply? I even have emails from Thermaltake tech to proof that I did as requested.

Furthermore, whats the point of just being able to control the water block RGB colors only, i dont see a function to control the pump speed anywhere.

I initially had reservations buying Thermaltake but thought I would give it a try. I really regret my decision.

My take is there was a dateline to meet and things were hurried. Even the replacement controllers are slightly different now. The new ones have numbers 1 to 5 on the fan ports whereas the older ones dont. Not sure if there are changes inside.

A product should work the first time out or at least most of the times or it warrants a replacement. But if 4 out of 5 dont work, theres something really wrong, i'm really tempted to approach your consumer tribunal or watchdog to see what they have to say.

5 hours ago, KnyghtFall said:

Besides the 2 that came with your Floe 240 kit, what is the exact product name of the 3-fan-pack ones?

The Floe 240 kit only came with one controller, i bought 2 of the 3 fan packs and it says TT Riing Plus 12 Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition

• 6 months later...
19 hours ago, NCarr said:

I'm having the same issue, can't find fan controller error code:h_0x0001.  I don't know which wire is the power and i'm not just gonna start pulling wires to reset this stupid controller.  This is ridiculous, the #### should just work out of the box.

what are your system specs and how many controllers do you have

2 hours ago, NCarr said:

ROG Maximus X Formula

8700k with this Floe riing 240mm 

G.skill trident Z 3000mhz 16gb

1080 FTW2 

1000watt evga GQ

I only have one controller.  I read power cycling the controller while the pc is on fixes the problem but the 4pin molex power cable is impossible to remove in the confined space of my case and there's no slack on the other wires to pull it out a bit.  

Hi,

If it makes it easier for troubleshooting, just unplug the 4 pin from the controller instead of the molex.

I would also suggest to make sure you have all the windows updates, get the latest software version and/or completely remove the current and reinstall new.

MAKE SURE the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is correct, you have the right one installed.

Take note, if you have it, it will error on install, this file cannot be overwritten, you have to manually uninstall it and reinstall. A lot of us manufactures use this for these programs, without it the software will not function.

The controller could just be bad, it happens, contact our support, will help with swapping it out to see.

10 minutes ago, NCarr said:

I don' think i'm going to be able to RMA the controller.  This computer was built for me by ibuypower so I don't have the original box the cooler came with or a receipt.  I have an invoice for the computer that's it.  

As for all the other things, updates and microsoft redist, It's all up to date.  I don't know what "tape note" is.  I'm gonna open up the back and see if I can't unplug the wire back there.

Hi,

Thanks for the information, this is interesting since this was a full built system, not just the part you purchased separately.

iBUY should be able to help you with a replacement controller to resolve, your invoice for the system purchase would also work for Thermaltake side for extended warranty just to mention. If you just got this and have had this issue since day 1, I would consult iBUY first, but you are happy to contact us as well.

For our side, we can help with a controller replacement to have you swap it out if you want to do that.

iBUY should be able to help you out with it, good team over there.

"Take Note" sorry for the typo, i have discussed with a lot of people about the C++ software that needs to be installed, there is other ones as well in there you should have installed for general use with Windows update.