Riing Plus Premium fans acting funny and controller issues

umf

3x120mm fans in front of case / 3x140mm fans on top of case / 2x120mm fans on bottom of case / 1x140mm fan at back of case / 1x140mm fan on side of case / 3x120mm fans on Floe riing radiator.
On bootup/opening the Riing Plus RGB Tt Premium Edition software I get a controller fail error and fan controller number 3 is "Red" in the Gui when I open it.

What is strange also, is that whenever I change a fan setting....2 fans change at the same time. I can not isolate only 1 fan change at a time. It automatically controls in pairs.

Also, 2 of the 140mm fans have sporadic "lightening" flashes of random led/rgb color on solid color transitions. Example...when a fade into blue happens a couple of leds will strobe white...or another color (random strobe flashes).

Any Help or ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, back from CES and traveling.

1. You will get the error (Red Controller number) when one or more ports are vacant, all you have to do is turn off that port and the red will go away, it is just a warning to let you know if something is not detected.

2. When setting up the LED profiles, you will only see the fans on that controller you are working on change right away, once you click save and the other controllers are set to the same profile, they will then all match up to be the same. Also take note if you want them all the same, set "Copy Color" on all the other fans except #1 to make it easy.

3. For the strobe issue, try swapping around the fans to other ports and see if the issue is with the fan or the controller ports to narrow it down. Depending on the mode you may get some variables on the lighting, but it should not be too bad. Make sure all the settings are setup for the lighting and the fans are all sync'd