View 71 Tempered Glass RGB Edition Fan Controller Install

RodgerC

Just got my first Thermaltake case, the View 71 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, and realizing that the fans are different than the ones sold separately.  I understand that for the fans to work, you have to use the controller that came with the case, but there's no idication of where the controller should be installed in/on the case.

Is there a how-to video?  Looked through some of the forum here, but didn't find what I was looking for.

• 1 year later...

Funny how you post not 1 but 2 videos and NOT F'ING one shows how to ACTUALLY install the controller box lol. Can you actually make a VIDEO SHOWING the ACTUAL connection of the cables... what a #### lol. The net is LITTERED with people trying to figure this out and you work for the company and you pull this derpy ####.....

• 1 month later...

If anyone is still lost on this i figured it out and it's sadly simple. It's just a fan plug, connect your fan to the controller they give you then plug the controller into a fan header/pins on your MB = done. Wasn't sure because of the RGB but its not ARGB so you don't have to worry about using the "VDG (gigabye) /3pin RGB (other boards)" So if your looking for "rainbow" effect with these fans you will not get that only color change. kind of bummed but it is what it is 

• 7 months later...
On 3/5/2019 at 2:10 PM, ralphwiggum said:

If anyone is still lost on this i figured it out and it's sadly simple. It's just a fan plug, connect your fan to the controller they give you then plug the controller into a fan header/pins on your MB = done. Wasn't sure because of the RGB but its not ARGB so you don't have to worry about using the "VDG (gigabye) /3pin RGB (other boards)" So if your looking for "rainbow" effect with these fans you will not get that only color change. kind of bummed but it is what it is 

Thanks for the info. Where did you end up mounting the controller?

• 2 years later...

Fist post b kind but I have Asus z690 w view 71 a rgb tg. What I did was remove the reset from the mobo and put it into the reset on the fan hub what came w the case. This made it so I can change the colors from the button on the front of the case. I was going to add the clicker I read but did not think it was worth it case u can only change the color …. B4 w/ the reset connected to the mobo the computer would restart now with the reset connected to the fan hub the reset button will change the color

80540785-89E8-45FB-8869-317B64D86B80.jpeg