Errror Code:H_0x0001 - Windows 10 only problem

jmike00

I'm using Riing fans in my spare parts HTPC(yes it's overkill) and here are it's specs:

• Xeon x5680@4.8ghz-1.45vcore
  • EVGA X58 FTW3
  • 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3@1600Mhz
  • 2x EVGA 980 SSC
  • Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium w/ PAX Drivers
  • Corsair AXi860
  • Corsair Commander Mini (for LED strips and 4 non Riing Fan control)
  • Corsair HAF XB Case
  • Corsair H115i
  • 4x Riing 14, 1x Riing 12 w/ Controller

The Riing Software has worked flawlessly for the last 6 months running on Windows 7. However now that I've changed to Windows 10 the software no longer works and I get the x0001 black box error. Device manager shows a Generic USB hub failing to start and unplugging the Riiing Controller makes the hub disappear. That Win10 install was clean so I went back, installed Win 7, verified Riing software was functioning(and verified the hub failing to start wasn't present) and upgraded to Win10 rather than clean installed to see if the functionality would carry over. It didn't. I also tried unplugging the Commander mini to see if that was some how interfering with the Riing Controller inside Windows. It didn't help and the generic USB hub would remain. I've since reinstalled back to clean Win10 but I just can't figure out why it and only it is seeing the Riing Controller as a Generic USB hub and failing to start.