Level 10 HELP: Drive-bays Stuck Locked

SirXena

This actually occurred almost 2 years ago, but after hours searching online then I gave up and forgot about it til now.  Now, I need to add more HDD's to my machine and I can't open any of the bays.  When I was building the machine I unlocked them fine, installed my SSD and HDD,...and made the mistake of relocking them after.  I thought better of it a few minutes later since I don't need locks on my computer, and found that I couldnt unlock them again.  

I have looked up picking the lock, tried to see if I can see or feel around the backside from inside the case...I'm at a loss.  I have both keys but neither work.  Any help with this?  The outer lockplate rotates slightly with the lock/key, but it all will only turn about 15-20 degrees,  not the full 90, and I think that's part of the problem.  Thanks in advance.

I have the level 10 SNOW edition (i.e. one of the plastic models) if that helps.  The plastic tab just inside the 2.5" bay I can feel move when I turn the key so maybe that's part of it?

I also had issue with the hot-swap cables (state data/power in-line) when I built it so I just bypassed it with individual cables as I've always used.  From what I've read, the cables for these bays were not made well for this model and often weither weren't installed correctly at the factory, or were duds. If I could make them work again it would be even better (after I can access my HDD lol) as my USB docking station's gotten a lot of use lately with various drives and it gets in the way a lot.