What do you consider to be the most important feature on a gaming mouse?

Guest Tt Paul

What are the must have characteristics that a gaming mouse should own?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider to be the most important feature on a gaming mouse?

• Ergonomic shape
    • Sensor
    • Tracking friction
    • Programmable buttons
    • LED lighting
    • Price
    • Brand
    • Others

Welcome to Tt eSPORTS Community and here is the gaming mouse poll.

What do you consider to be the most important features?

With gamers all have different needs and desires. What are the must have features that  a gaming mouse should contain since some users do not even  notice the difference, but others might claim it makes a huge plus.

Please feel free to share us with your ideas and thoughts. If you pick others as your option, be sure to make it clearer to us, thank you.

It's all about comfort of the grip for me. Considering that most mice nowadays have advanced sensors/high dpi/plenty of butttons (which btw is not always convinient to use). So choice is not that hard as it seems - I just have to pick the best combination of shape and grip type.

p.s. currently use Razer Copperhead.

It's all about comfort of the grip for me. Considering that most mice nowadays have advanced sensors/high dpi/plenty of butttons (which btw is not always convinient to use). So choice is not that hard as it seems - I just have to pick the best combination of shape and grip type.

Totally agree with you.  

Nowadays we use mouse often for hours to a day long.  

Comfort of the grip and Ergonomic shape are most important elements for a long lasting mouse.

Price, For me it's about $30 tops for a mouse seeing that I don't need premium gimmicks and features for anything above that. At least 2 Side Buttons are near essential for me, driver software and tilt wheels aren't crucial but have been one of the reasons I like the Logitech M510 I have (Not a gaming mouse, but it'll work more than well for me at the moment since I needed a new mouse at that time and Walmart didn't have squat for mice otherwise). This can also apply to plenty of other things outside of mice let alone peripherals.

Agree.

For me, I don't use Programmable buttons often even I do play games a lot. Also, I pay attention on the coating of the mouse since I prefer smooth touch. 

Price, For me it's about $30 tops for a mouse seeing that I don't need premium gimmicks and features for anything above that. Drivers and a Tilt wheel aren't crucial but have been one of the reasons I like the Logitech M510 I have (Not a gaming mouse, but it'll work more than well for me at the moment since I needed a new mouse at that time and Walmart didn't have squat for mice otherwise).

Hi, Dabeavis

Below information could be a good option for you based on your priority of choosing a gaming mouse.

Tt eSPORTS TALON and TALON Blu optical gaming mice are now launched first with NewEgg.com (USA only) for Pre-Order with a MSRP of $19.99 USD.

• AVAGO 3050 Optical Sensor
  • OMRON Switches
  • Removable side panels

NewEgg pre-order link:

TALON: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826254059

TALON Blu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826254058

For more information the TALON optical gaming mice series of products please refer to the following links:

TALON: http://www.ttesports.com/productPage.aspx?p=154

TALON Blu: http://www.ttesports.com/productPage.aspx?p=155

post-225-0-91513400-1411967686_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the ergonomics wins hands down!

Some of these are hard to vote on really. I chose sensor as if the mouse has a crap sensor in it, won't matter how comfortable it is. It would be like wearing headphones you couldn't hear the sound from, even if they  are comfy it's pointless :D 

I do think Brand name has some to do with it as well and I also think this is why so many companies make so many models of similar products, it all comes down to user choice and is hard to please the masses 

Some of these are hard to vote on really. I chose sensor as if the mouse has a crap sensor in it, won't matter how comfortable it is. It would be like wearing headphones you couldn't hear the sound from, even if they  are comfy it's pointless :D 

I do think Brand name has some to do with it as well and I also think this is why so many companies make so many models of similar products, it all comes down to user choice and is hard to please the masses 

Product name is also important too right?

Just imagine if Tt eSports released a mouse named "Flaming Destroyer!" or "DPI Flash" 

Your friend might ask you "what mouse do you use?" and you enthusiastically reply with " The TteSports FLAMING DESTROYER!!"

XD

I see no one has voted for brand, but I think that is also important. Brand represents quality :)

Eh......yes, but it can also corrupt the brand.  There are plenty of brands out there that make a good product, and overcharge you out the wah-zoo for them *cough cough CORSAIR*.  Case in point - How many people buy the Dominator Platinum RAM, because of the brand, when G.SKILL Trident X is an outstanding RAM, speed and timings identical, and costs 1/3 less?

I'm not trying to bash any brand, but, quality comes first, brand comes later.  I know I favor Tt products, and there are multiple reasons for that, and most of my build is done by Tt, but, honestly, not all.  Tt will be one of the first companies I look at when researching a product for purchase, but I won't buy something just because it says Tt on it.

Eh......yes, but it can also corrupt the brand.  There are plenty of brands out there that make a good product, and overcharge you out the wah-zoo for them *cough cough CORSAIR*.  Case in point - How many people buy the Dominator Platinum RAM, because of the brand, when G.SKILL Trident X is an outstanding RAM, speed and timings identical, and costs 1/3 less?

I'm not trying to bash any brand, but, quality comes first, brand comes later.  I know I favor Tt products, and there are multiple reasons for that, and most of my build is done by Tt, but, honestly, not all.  Tt will be one of the first companies I look at when researching a product for purchase, but I won't buy something just because it says Tt on it.

i use to use Logitech's mouses. Looked great, felt great and also liked the brand named.

I used 2 of their flagship mouse models, one for my desktop and a smaller one for my laptop. Both broke within a year. VERY disappointed considering the price paid.