PR22 D5 pump not working

Wolf

I have a new build (see pics/specs under new build topic) it will not operate in the horizontal position.  I have already gotten a replacement pump for Thermaltake, so this is the second one that will only pump if it is sideways or upside down.  Unless I am lucky enough to get two bad pumps in a row I am thinking it must have something to do with my loop.  Any ideas?

Hi,

Can you share a link or some pictures to what the build looks like to give us an idea?

Sounds like to me the pump does not have enough coolant in it.

When the pump "chokes" due to not enough coolant, it will go into a safe mode and reduce the speed greatly.

You can resolve this by turning the pump off and on again and making sure you get enough coolant to continuously flow enough where it will not have to go into a safe mode state.

Follow up with our support you are working with for more details and hope maybe these suggestions will help as well to get you back up.

Yes, it should run continuously while it has power. 

When you got a replacement from us was it the entire thing or just the motor?

Something is going on from what you say, maybe the way the motor bearing inside is mounted, where you would have to take the pump apart, reseat the motor and all that to make sure it is secured properly for function.

I have used dozens of these pumps, I have great results with it.

Give our support a call or email, lets get some more details to our support and we can arrange another replacement if needed.

Please let them know we have been working together on this here and we can help test a replacement pump prior to shipment if needed to support

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

• 2 weeks later...