V71 Connection

Tropicum

The molex you are holding on your hand is the power cable for the fan controller, all you need to do is connect this with your molex from your PSU. :)

Well, I were trying to connect it to my PSU but as soon as I turned PC, the smoke started to come from the front panel. Can you please explain, how to connect it to my PSU please?

Sound like the fan controller board is damaged. Please contact our customer service team for warranty service.

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

toll free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM ~ 5:30PM (P.S.T.)

I am not sure if it, because probably I've just connected it wrong. It has both male/female sides, so as the wire the comes from PSU. Another thing is that PSU has 3/4 pins molex, and as you can see on the pic, it only has 2

did you connect another fan to the controller?

I connected 2 fans to the frontl panel (they were connected as I bought the case) and then connected it to PSU. I took off the third fan on the top, because I put my water 3.0 extreme in there. By now, I separeted the fans and connected them to the motherboard. But I really wanna change it to have an opportunity to change the speed and LEDs.

alright, you have clear my concern,

there is no magical trick on connecting the molex head from the controller to the PSU

all you have to do is simply join the two molex together.

and the molex with two pin you mentioned is purposely made,

so, it sounds like you may have a defect controller or a controller was improperly attached for smoke to appear.

For safety concern, please don't use it and contact our customer service team immediately to get a replacement, thanks.

alright, you have clear my concern,

there is no magical trick on connecting the molex head from the controller to the PSU

all you have to do is simply join the two molex together.

and the molex with two pin you mentioned is purposely made,

so, it sounds like you may have a defect controller or a controller was improperly attached for smoke to appear.

For safety concern, please don't use it and contact our customer service team immediately to get a replacement, thanks.

Thanks, I will. Just for the future, does it matter if I connect 4 pin molex from PSU to 2 pin female side of the case molex?