Tt Leo

Hello all, 

This is only partially a V71 Question...

I have a Chaser MK-I and am switching to watercooling. The factory fan in the door is no longer necessary, and I would love to have more viewing window.

From what I've been able to figure from pics, the "bones" of these chassis look really similar.

Can I use the door from the V71? ... and where do I order one?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I looked into this...

The Chaser MK-I has a very similar panel to the V71 like you mention, but the chassis holes are different.

FullSizeRender.jpg

For purchasing the panel, we do not carry this part online, but you can call our support and they can check to see if we have QTY available and work out a price for you.

I am not 100% sure it will fit, if you want me to test fit it, call our support and we can check for you.

Support info in my Signature :D

So I have owned this chassis for quite some time now, and I recently bought another 200mm fan along with two 120mm fans so that I can add them in. I bought a fan controller for them and they work with it just fine, but when I try to switch the three 200mm fans over to the controller, they are very dim and the fan speeds are low. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I should mention that I bought a new touchscreen fan controller. And those original three fans are the only ones that don't work correctly with it.

Hi,

Unfortunately the 200mm fans included with the V71 are proprietary to the fan controller with the chassis.

Basically they will only work with the case controller and same goes if you want to use another fan with the built-in controller.

Hey guys, just got my Core V71 yesterday, opened it up today to find that one of the drive bays is already broken :( any way I can just get this one replaced? I'm preparing to transfer the components from my old case into this one within the next few days. Here's a picture of the broken piece

wrwuhQU.jpg

Wakyz, 

Sorry to hear the drive bay was damaged, we can swap it out for you so you can continue your build and not have to send in the entire case. 

Contact our USA support team and we will get it taken care for you. 

Contact info in my Signature below, keep me posted if you need anything else.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have searched but cannot find a vendor that sells the TT-2030 case fan (the type that comes with the V71), does anyone know where I can purchase one?

Hi I have a brand new one if you want it? swapped out the fans for more powerful ones when I first got the coreV71.

Just Getting Started, I am in the US so I think shipping it from your location to mine would be problematic. 

One other thing, I have been doing some reading and some people report that adding a 4th fan (even a 4th stock fan) won't work as expected? The controller cannot handle 4 stock fans? Is there anyone from TT that can shed some light on this? 

Just Getting Starts, I am in the US so I think shipping it from your location to mine would be problematic. 

One other thing, I have been doing some reading and some people report that adding a 4th fan (even a 4th stock fan) won't work as expected? The controller cannot handle 4 stock fans? Is there anyone from TT that can shed some light on this? 

Have sent parts from here to the US before (i have family in San Fransisco) usually takes just over a week, its easy with PayPal you pay to PayPal and once you receive the item and all is good PayPal releases the funds to me. Not sure about adding the 4th fan and the built in controller as ive got a 6 fan controller hooked up to them.

• 4 months later...

I'm a sad owner of this case.

Top 200mm fan was noisy and Thermaltake sended me a new fan.

All the numbers on the new fan are the same. But the wire is twice longer. Why it's longer if the model is the same?

I connected it and everything was fine for 20 seconds. Then the LED of two front 200mm fans stop working. And the LED of new fan works all the time... Pressing on the LED button does nothing.

Even if I disconnect the new fan, the LED controller doesn't works anymore and the LED of front fans are always off.

No idea how Thermaltake will resolve this issue, even if they'll send me a new controller, this fan can destroy it again...

Their support was pretty good so far, they replaced me a faulty Power controller (no LED light after 2 months of use) and this fan. Without asking to return the defective one (shipping from Canada can cost as a new item).

I'm not happy. I builded a new PC and this case is the only part that give me so much troubles, even if it's not the cheapest one.

Can I plug this fan to my Thermaltake Commander FT controller? Or it can damage it too?

All the wire connection was verified twice. When I'll back home, I'll unplug-plug everything again and create a RMA if the issue won't be resolved.

Any suggestions friends?

Hello SF1,

Sorry to hear about your situation, the fan that was sent might have been the wrong model for the Core V71.

The fan part number is the same for the motor/size, but for the V71, it has a special fan to support the LED function and others on the case.

Please send me an email  - mike.fierheller@thermaltakeusa.com

Let me know your contact info and email you used when you requested the original fan replacement (Attach the email if you can in your reply)

We can help to replace the fans/controller for you under warranty.

Alright guys I need mobo advice. Would the MSI Gaming M5 be a good mobo choice for this case?

Here are the parts I've decided on (bought all except mobo, cpu, ssd):

Case: Thermaltake Core v71 with extra 200mm fan CPU: i7 6700k single GPU: EVGA 980 Ti SC+ Ram: Patriot 16GB DDR4 3000 SSD: 960GB Sandisk Ultra II PSU: 750watt EVGA platinum CPU cooler: Corsair h105

I was browsing mobos and this one seems to have good reviews and a lot of good features.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130873

Basically, I'm wondering if everything will be compatible with that mobo and if, geometrically, it will all fit. For the case fans, there's 1 140mm and 4 200mms and the 200s will plug into an in case fan controller which will connect directly to the PSU molex. My main concern is that I read on tech report that the mobo didn't have clearly labled headers for the front case panel. Would the front panel be compatible with the board? (specifically there are 2 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0, and the headphone and mic jack) I'd be open to other mobo recommendations if something would fit my build better but I've bought most of the other parts so I'll keep those the same. (as an aside, newegg gives $20 off if I get it with an i7 6700k... however, newegg is charging $400 right now, vs the launch price of $370... think I should cut my losses and get both or wait to see if bf brings a better deal?)

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Dear TT-Community :)

Im planning to buy this case to build a custom water cooling system.

I want to use  360 ratio top and 360 in front, my gpu is an GTX 980ti (31cm)

Now I need your help, whats about the thickness of the radiators? How thick can the top and the front be? Will a 60mm radiator fit in the top with push pull?

Thanks for help!

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to add three fans to my Core V71 and am considering the following:

* 200 mm for a secondary top exhaust:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J0NZFIA

* Two of these for the bottom-most blowers:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KJAX9ZO

* This splitter to connect the two bottom fans to one fan input on the motherboard:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B46XKKQ

If anyone has any other recommendations or reasons why I should not consider these items, I'd appreciate hearing them. Thank you very much in advance.

Hello everyone, I just replaced those 3 200mm stock fans on the Thermaltake Core V71, they are in good condition and i bought the case 4 months ago so the fans are not very old.

If someone is interested in buying those 200mm stock fans, please send me a private message (i live in France so i guess shipping somewhere in Europe should not be hard).

Hello everyone,
am new to the forum ... before Christmas I bought the chassis on Amazon, but the fans are not working ... the LEDs light up but the fans do not turn.
Thermaltake send spare parts?
Thank you!

Sorry for the delay on my reply, if you are in the USA, call our support to check for price quote.

This basically goes for anything Thermaltake, if we have it we can try to work out an option for you.

Hello Thermaltake V71 Fans!

Just starting my first build, and the V71 case was the first part to arrive.  I planned on switching out the 200 mm blue led fans for Thermaltake's 140 mm RGB led fans, which I ordered.  Looking through the V71 manual it says the fan speed and light controller buttons can only be used with the built in 200 mm blue led fans?   Does anyone know if you can use Thermaltake's own RGB led 140 mm fans and hook them up to the fan speed and led light controllers of the V71?  

BTW Thermaltake any plans to make the RGB LED fans in 200 mm size?

Hello,

Hello Thermaltake V71 Fans!

Just starting my first build, and the V71 case was the first part to arrive.  I planned on switching out the 200 mm blue led fans for Thermaltake's 140 mm RGB led fans, which I ordered.  Looking through the V71 manual it says the fan speed and light controller buttons can only be used with the built in 200 mm blue led fans?   Does anyone know if you can use Thermaltake's own RGB led 140 mm fans and hook them up to the fan speed and led light controllers of the V71?  

BTW Thermaltake any plans to make the RGB LED fans in 200 mm size?

Hello cryoablation,

Welcome to the TT community! The Core V71 is one of my favorite chassis!

For the Light/Speed controls on the case top panel, it does only work with the included 200mm fans as they are proprietary to the case.

Using other fans may actually cause damage to the fan controller built in if used with other fans.

So to answer the question, no you do not want to hook up the RGB fans to this, suggest to get a fan hub and mount it in the back.

Example:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Cooler/Cooling_Accessory_/Fan_Controller_/C_00002702/Commander_FP_10_Port_Hub_for_PWM_Fans/design.htm

You can just run the connection directly to the MB, as the RGB does support PWM so you can control it through your MB bios. Or just run the fans 100% all the time, they really are not that loud.

Thanks for the feedback on the 200mm, we do not have any plans right now for a Riing version.

Thanks for the quick response Mike.

Question.  If you hook up the RGB LED Riing fans directly to the MB or through your suggested fan hub, would you need to use the fan controller box that comes with the RGB led Riing fans to adjust the fan speed or the led colors of the Riing fans?

Thanks Cryoablation.