Tt Leo

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a way i can find replacement parts for the top of my case? (the LED fan/high/low letters have worn off and it's only been a couple times i've cleaned the top)

I usually only touch those buttons when i show off the case to a friend on how the fans are controllable and LED can be turned off.

ALSO: i would love to get my hands on one of the power supply covers from the V71 power cover edition. Any idea where i can find an order form or such?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm close to finishing my first build but I have a couple questions regarding my v71. 

1.) The Front Panel USB 2.0 connection does not fit all the way on my motherboard. Is there an easy way to replace this without having to send back my whole case?

2.) I notice a lot of people using fans in the lower part of the chassis, I bought a 120 mm fan to use down there but I can't find any screws to secure it. Is everyone just letting it lay unsecured at the bottom of their case? Is that ok?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/28/2017 at 3:50 AM, slik said:

Is it possible to mount the top 420 Radiator on the inside of the case together with 3x 140mm fans? I'm  unsure since it says that it can hold a 420mm Rad, but not 3x 140mm fans.

Cheers, Slik

Honestly you are better off with a 360 for the space as you will have to lose the "top top" 5.25 bay as well. Mounting the fans will be very tight. This is also why we spec the Rad, but not the fans for a full 420, it is different, but that is what is possible.

Also consider rad thickness for clearance as the fans can only mount on the bottom, make sure to install the fans to the rad before install into the case. 

Awesome, thanks for the reply! My case is already on its way :) Is there any way to buy an offical 4th 200mm blue led case fan in EU? Only foudn it on the US store. Also, can it be hooked up at all into the preinstalled fan controller, considering the two front fans are bundled as well?

Cheers,

Slik

Greetings!

Did a lots of research for my new build, and ended up the Core V71 TG as the choice of case.  I frankly don't like the look (too plain for me, lack of sense of artistic), however, the functional aspect wins in the end.  The key factors in my consideration:

1. good airflow - although I plan to have a custom loop (see design below, and please comment/critic), a classic good air flow is still preferred for cooling the RAM, VRM, M.2 drives, etc.;  The ability to take out all the HDD cages in V71 creates a good straight line airflow to the areas that matters, and there is no silly front panel (although, it makes a better look) to block the most critical intake. The 2x 200mm fan just look lovely and COOL!

2. Vertical GPU mount (TG version!) - not only makes a better look to the GPU, but also improve the air cooling near the CPU area, where the RAM, VRMs are not water cooled.  The air can blow through between the GPU and the MB.  The heat emitted from back of the GPU will not affect CPU area.

3. Good radiator placement options. I plan to put a 360mm rad on top as a start.  If the system is getting hot, will consider either back or front rad.

4. Room for Pump/Res - I do prefer a longer res, most cases I compare to doesn't have the flexibility for it.

5. Not too much room (like the X5, X9 cubes) so the airflow is more concentrated.

Things I don't like (beside the look) about V71:

1. I hope the front panel can be reversed, so I can keep the ODD drive bay in the bottom, without mess up with the top rad mounting and the airflow for CPU area; (same situation to X9 cube)

2. The vertical GPU mount is not serious enough.  No quality PCI-e cable included; the cutout for PCI-e cable is not big enough; the back plate is unnecessarily large, not good for cooling of the back plate of GPU; the stand out should be on the bottom as well to allow 90 deg. raiser cable, which fit the mount better and can shorten the cable.

3. Also hope the right side of the case is wider for HDD mounts and cable management; even better, provide some air flow to cool the HDD and back of the MB. You can simply make the indentation deeper.

4. The design put too much on HDD cages, which is no longer that important with SDDs and M.2s into the mainstream. The HDD mounts damages the airflow and has to be dumped for water cooling anyhow.

There will never be a perfect case, but the V71 is a close one.  Just saw the new P9 came out, I am sure TT will bring a better V71 in the future.

Cheers!

Loop design.JPG

Hey everybody! :)

I will be joining this group soon as long as I have my V71 tempered glass edition on its way.

I have a question though ... and I found myself unable to figure this out on my own even after
trying to get an official answer from TT through their contact form (I never got a response in 2
attempts) or by trying to wipe out the web for an answer.

Unfortunately this case has a low "Buzz" and you can't find many threads about it online.

MY QUESTION: 

As long as we are given 3 options for this case (the standard version - the one with the PSU cover
- and the One with the Tempered Glass) ... I decided for obvious reasons to go on with TG version.

The thing now is that I want that bloo-dy PSU cover for my chassis because it is a must for the TG 
version as long as all the PSU cable mess will be exposed totally and there are not many options
to deal with it otherwise.

HOW can I get this PSU cover ??????? 

Thanks in advance for any answer on that simple question. 

Hi,

I'm just about to make a build with the TT View 71 RGB case.

I plan to install a Zotac 1080 ti Amp Extreme GPU, using the vertical mounting bracket, but I'm worried that the card might be too thick - According to Zotac specs it's 56.6mm thick.

The View 71 specs say it can accommodate a 68mm thick GPU vertically, so the thing should fit in... My question is: Will this small gap between the glass and the GPU fans cause any cooling issues? It will only have 11.4mm of space to suck in air.

I'm 90% sure it will work OK, but I thought I'd ask here just to see if anyone has used this card in this chassis, and come across any cooling issues.

One more question: I understand the GPU riser cable (for verticall GPU mounting) doesn't come with the case - can I just use any PCIe 16x riser cable? I have a few lying around...

13 hours ago, Edropian said:

Hey everybody! :)

I will be joining this group soon as long as I have my V71 tempered glass edition on its way.

I have a question though ... and I found myself unable to figure this out on my own even after
trying to get an official answer from TT through their contact form (I never got a response in 2
attempts) or by trying to wipe out the web for an answer.

Unfortunately this case has a low "Buzz" and you can't find many threads about it online.

MY QUESTION: 

As long as we are given 3 options for this case (the standard version - the one with the PSU cover
- and the One with the Tempered Glass) ... I decided for obvious reasons to go on with TG version.

The thing now is that I want that bloo-dy PSU cover for my chassis because it is a must for the TG 
version as long as all the PSU cable mess will be exposed totally and there are not many options

Hi,

If there was a PSU cover for this case, you would not be able to use the Vertical mounting for the GPU, so it is a give and take and we went with the GPU over a cover.

Even if you made one, the height of the PSU would be the concern to take that into account if you plan to make one and use the vertical GPU mount.

In regards to the Buzz, contact us, probably a bad I/O panel and we can swap that out under warranty.

http://www.thermaltake.com/corporate.aspx?t=4

11 hours ago, Majestic_Twelve said:

Hi,

I'm just about to make a build with the TT View 71 RGB case.

I plan to install a Zotac 1080 ti Amp Extreme GPU, using the vertical mounting bracket, but I'm worried that the card might be too thick - According to Zotac specs it's 56.6mm thick.

The View 71 specs say it can accommodate a 68mm thick GPU vertically, so the thing should fit in... My question is: Will this small gap between the glass and the GPU fans cause any cooling issues? It will only have 11.4mm of space to suck in air.

I'm 90% sure it will work OK, but I thought I'd ask here just to see if anyone has used this card in this chassis, and come across any cooling issues.

One more question: I understand the GPU riser cable (for verticall GPU mounting) doesn't come with the case - can I just use any PCIe 16x riser cable? I have a few lying around...

The closer it is the more it will effect yes, but do consider the TG panel is spaced off the case a little and that gap makes for more airflow just the same.

That is about 1/2 inch, should be ok from what I have built.

You can use whatever riser cable you want, but I would suggest to look at Thermaltake's new TT Premium cable even over anything 3M makes.

On 12/15/2017 at 3:53 PM, Edropian said:

... I decided for obvious reasons to go on with TG version.

I wish I had the PSU cover and sell it to you :)   What I've learned is that the PSU cover don't do anything good functionally.  I want to have the PSU fan facing up, and suck air from the case and increase the airflow. The cable will route to the back almost immediately, and won't hurt the look much

On 12/16/2017 at 12:25 AM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

If there was a PSU cover for this case, you would not be able to use the Vertical mounting for the GPU, so it is a give and take and we went with the GPU over a cover.

Even if you made one, the height of the PSU would be the concern to take that into account if you plan to make one and use the vertical GPU mount.

In regards to the Buzz, contact us, probably a bad I/O panel and we can swap that out under warranty.

Thanks for your response. 

May I please ask my question again? (taking always into account what you said about the GPU).

Where can I find the "PSU Cover" which is made for this case from Thermaltake
and comes with the Cover Edition of the V71 and is not inside the TG edition?

I wan't that specific one with its cuts the ssd bays on it and the cable management hole and all made from 
metal which is how it is deliver if I am to guess based on the pictures of the Cover Edition of the V71. 

PS: I get it that you made your decisions with specific orientation regarding the TG edition ...! 
I am just going beyond that and I want to use Your PSU cover ... give me an out here! How 
Can I get this PSU cover! ?

17 hours ago, svx94 said:

I wish I had the PSU cover and sell it to you :)   What I've learned is that the PSU cover don't do anything good functionally.  I want to have the PSU fan facing up, and suck air from the case and increase the airflow. The cable will route to the back almost immediately, and won't hurt the look much

I honestly appreciate your intentions mate ... I really do! 

I know exactly why I want this Bloo-dy PSU Cover as long as I made the decision
to use this case in Order to Build a project for my personal reasons :)

I am not after anything functional if I am to put aside only the protection it can offer
In case of a leak on the Loop and avoid having the leak reaching the inserts of the cables 
on the back of the PSU. 

If you take a closer look it also comes with SSD mounting positions on top of it, it has 
a cut before it meets the Mobo side (through which you can route cables ofc) and it 
has also a cable management hole on top of it to pass through the GPU Cable/s. 

It serves a lot on covering all the ugly stuff and it offers a clean and ergonomicall
option :)

I am not going to use the PSU as an exhaust because It will lead towards what
I would like to avoid which is the negative pressure. The PSU will face down on my scenario.

What frustrates me the most is that it has been 2 weeks now that I am trying to get
a response from Thermaltake .... with no luck ... 

If I was to make my own I knew that Option from the very beginning but I was never expecting
to be so hard ignored from a company Like Thermaltake on such a topic ... I am dissapointed
that as a customer I am getting ignored on that (2 weeks 2 messages asking for the same thing).

Anyway thanks again for your response svx94

Hi,

We used to carry the PSU cover for the Core V Series and it has been out of stock for some time.

image.png - This is the part number for the PSU cover for the Core V51/71

If you are in the USA, you can try call our support and see if we have any in the back we can offer.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

15 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

We used to carry the PSU cover for the Core V Series and it has been out of stock for some time.

image.png - This is the part number for the PSU cover for the Core V51/71

If you are in the USA, you can try call our support and see if we have any in the back we can offer.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks again for your response Guru ! 

Now that's an answer I might be able to work with. 

The thing is that even if I wish I was living in US ... I live in Europe :S 

Considering your answer I guess that means that there is no chance
I will be able to get this PSU cover in any way :( 

If what I say above stands true is there a way I could get at least 
a top side and side side image with its metrics ? 

I think I might be asking for a lot here but this will probably help me
to replicate this PSU cover and have this crafted for me here. 

If you are able to provide that info it will be much
appreciated my friend unless there is still an option
for someone who lives in Europe in order to just buy it and get
done with it! 

Have a nice day and thanks again for responding!

On 12/19/2017 at 8:35 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Unfortunately that is not something I can provide.

You can also contact us and see if we have one and just pay the shipping.

It might be better to go to our HQ in Taiwan and drop them an email to try as well.

You never know until you try :)

That is for sure my friend :)

Following your suggestion I made one more attempt to contact
your services via email (I had no luck getting a response 2 times already)
and I sent this to all the regions I could in my final attempt to locate ... 

Now we will see ...! (Fingers Crossed)  

Merry Christmas!

Finally got my hands on my new toys smile.gif Here are some thoughts (and challenges) after the build:

1. The 2 HDD mounts in the back side are not well positioned, especially the lower one. There is practically no room for any cable at the bottom, and you have to squeeze very hard. And, you have to use two different SATA power cable.  If they can turn the lower one upside down, one can easily share the same SATA power cable;
2. The back side can be 50% wider for cable management room. It does fit, but little more room can allow airflow to the back of the MB, since cooling will be a bigger and bigger issue as CPU power goes up;
3. The bottom of the MB has no room for cabling. a little more room is appreciated;
4. Once Pump/fan is installed in the bottom, the air filter won't fit anymore.

5. I hope TT can provide some sort of cover in the bottom, so if no fan is installed, airflow to the bottom should be blocked to prevent "leaking of air" and increase the cross case airflow.

Here is the cooling result:

CPU 30d C/ 86d F
System 34d C/ 93d F
MOS 43d C/ 109d F
PCH 48d C/ 118d F
PCIE 1 (GPU) 33d C/ 91d F
PCIE 2 (empty) 29d C/ 84d F
Case ambient temp 19d C/ 66d F
M.2.1 Samsung 960 EVO 35d C/ 95d F
M.2.2 Intel Optane (doesn't work with Nvme M.2 for now) 35d C/ 95d F
M.2.3 empty 31d C/87d F

After all, the airflow design works well. I removed the top 200mm fan to reduce the negative pressure. The EK P360 does well with the push only configuration. If the temp raises after heavy gaming, I can add it back.  But as you can see from the result, the CPU/GPU temp is not a concern at all.  One 360mm handle the load well.   The temp for MOS, PCH is higher.  I am glad I didn't go crazy by adding more rads.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 10:14 AM, Edropian said:

That is for sure my friend :)

Following your suggestion I made one more attempt to contact
your services via email (I had no luck getting a response 2 times already)
and I sent this to all the regions I could in my final attempt to locate ... 

Now we will see ...! (Fingers Crossed)  

It would be a shame to not share what happened after all so this is an update just for those who will land on this thread searching for a similar answer ... after my last message here I sent simultaneously, emails to all the available services of Thermaltake around the world in order to see who will respond after all ... 

After one day the email I sent to the HQ at Taiwan got a response and I was seriously surprised to realize that they were asking for my address in order to sent me the PSU Cover ... No strings attached!!! 

I must say that this was a big surprise for me after the frustration I went through to that point. 

After I replied with my info they obviously sent the PSU cover without asking for anything in return ... and I just got it delivered on my hands today ....! 

Thermaltake just won a devoted customer after that and my gratitude will be shown in many ways by letting everyone know on stream - on site and ofc on social media how I was treated after my request ...! 

It is a shame though that no other region responded as long as this is what leads people to become frustrated and damages the company's authority when it comes to customer care, but Taiwan did by all means and this is what matters in the end!  

So thanks also for "Guru" who was after all the one who led me to the answer and solution ... thanks man I appreciate that!