Anyone have a way i can find replacement parts for the top of my case? (the LED fan/high/low letters have worn off and it's only been a couple times i've cleaned the top)

I usually only touch those buttons when i show off the case to a friend on how the fans are controllable and LED can be turned off.

ALSO: i would love to get my hands on one of the power supply covers from the V71 power cover edition. Any idea where i can find an order form or such?

I'm close to finishing my first build but I have a couple questions regarding my v71. 

1.) The Front Panel USB 2.0 connection does not fit all the way on my motherboard. Is there an easy way to replace this without having to send back my whole case?

2.) I notice a lot of people using fans in the lower part of the chassis, I bought a 120 mm fan to use down there but I can't find any screws to secure it. Is everyone just letting it lay unsecured at the bottom of their case? Is that ok?

Thanks.

Is it possible to mount the top 420 Radiator on the inside of the case together with 3x 140mm fans? I'm  unsure since it says that it can hold a 420mm Rad, but not 3x 140mm fans.

Cheers, Slik

On 11/28/2017 at 3:50 AM, slik said:

Is it possible to mount the top 420 Radiator on the inside of the case together with 3x 140mm fans? I'm  unsure since it says that it can hold a 420mm Rad, but not 3x 140mm fans.

Cheers, Slik

Honestly you are better off with a 360 for the space as you will have to lose the "top top" 5.25 bay as well. Mounting the fans will be very tight. This is also why we spec the Rad, but not the fans for a full 420, it is different, but that is what is possible.

Also consider rad thickness for clearance as the fans can only mount on the bottom, make sure to install the fans to the rad before install into the case. 

Awesome, thanks for the reply! My case is already on its way :) Is there any way to buy an offical 4th 200mm blue led case fan in EU? Only foudn it on the US store. Also, can it be hooked up at all into the preinstalled fan controller, considering the two front fans are bundled as well?

Cheers,

Slik

Greetings!

Did a lots of research for my new build, and ended up the Core V71 TG as the choice of case.  I frankly don't like the look (too plain for me, lack of sense of artistic), however, the functional aspect wins in the end.  The key factors in my consideration:

1. good airflow - although I plan to have a custom loop (see design below, and please comment/critic), a classic good air flow is still preferred for cooling the RAM, VRM, M.2 drives, etc.;  The ability to take out all the HDD cages in V71 creates a good straight line airflow to the areas that matters, and there is no silly front panel (although, it makes a better look) to block the most critical intake. The 2x 200mm fan just look lovely and COOL!

2. Vertical GPU mount (TG version!) - not only makes a better look to the GPU, but also improve the air cooling near the CPU area, where the RAM, VRMs are not water cooled.  The air can blow through between the GPU and the MB.  The heat emitted from back of the GPU will not affect CPU area.

3. Good radiator placement options. I plan to put a 360mm rad on top as a start.  If the system is getting hot, will consider either back or front rad.

4. Room for Pump/Res - I do prefer a longer res, most cases I compare to doesn't have the flexibility for it.

5. Not too much room (like the X5, X9 cubes) so the airflow is more concentrated.

Things I don't like (beside the look) about V71:

1. I hope the front panel can be reversed, so I can keep the ODD drive bay in the bottom, without mess up with the top rad mounting and the airflow for CPU area; (same situation to X9 cube)

2. The vertical GPU mount is not serious enough.  No quality PCI-e cable included; the cutout for PCI-e cable is not big enough; the back plate is unnecessarily large, not good for cooling of the back plate of GPU; the stand out should be on the bottom as well to allow 90 deg. raiser cable, which fit the mount better and can shorten the cable.

3. Also hope the right side of the case is wider for HDD mounts and cable management; even better, provide some air flow to cool the HDD and back of the MB. You can simply make the indentation deeper.

4. The design put too much on HDD cages, which is no longer that important with SDDs and M.2s into the mainstream. The HDD mounts damages the airflow and has to be dumped for water cooling anyhow.

There will never be a perfect case, but the V71 is a close one.  Just saw the new P9 came out, I am sure TT will bring a better V71 in the future.

Cheers!

Loop design.JPG