From Fulltower beast to Core V1 upgrade.

Hunzen

As my CPU and motherboard was getting old. (Amd Phenom II x6 1055t and Asus motherboard) I chosen to upgrade them. I used to have fulltower cases before this case and well... It was fun to build but it was pain to build too because there was no room compared "normal" case.

This computer and case are still in work in progress but i was suggested to ask here about it if i need help and listen suggests from you.

I was planning to make some cooling improvements to this case later on. I still think i could better cooling to this computer.

So my specs are now:

Asus H97I-PLUS

Intel Core i5 4690k

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

G.skill 8gb 1333Mhz

Core V1 This you might guessed already.

Corsair Gold 80+ 650w full modular

I used old parts from my old computer and RAM, CPU cooler and some case mods are incoming still. I'm currently student so i wont be upgrading everything at once.

When i was installing this computer i had some issues with cables

post-1438-0-75697100-1413804393_thumb.jpg

post-1438-0-92530000-1413804409_thumb.jpg

I just did not get where i should put all my cables. 

I could use some help from this part and I have my old 80mm Shark fans. Other is still waiting adapter because Motherboard does not support all installed at once.

So should i go 200mm full power all the time and put adapter from the PSU?

Oh and almost forgot. What CPU coolant i should go for in this layout? Max temp is only 60c' currently but i'm wanting littlebit more from the cooler than just having "low" temp. It keeps noise as stock easily.

Oh almost forgot. Does Thermaltake sell sidepanels only? I could want to get rid of that window and get better panel to top.

Work in progress parts:
New RAM

New CPU cooler

Installing case fans and getting better screws to them compared those rubber ones

Change some cables

Change cables locations

Buy some adapters.

As you see... List is still long.

Hey Hunzun, 

Additional side panels are available for sale, but availability will depend on where you are located. Let us know where you're located and we'll point you in the right direction. 

For the cables, I routed most of them underneath the GPU and to the side of the PSU. There's not a whole lot of room, but there is some which would help free up some of the clutter in the front. You really have to bend the cables and tie them down so they stay in place. If you shoot over a picture of the left side of the case with the panel off, then we can get a better look of the spacing. 

For the CPU cooler, where you thinking of going air or liquid? 

Heya.

I'm located in Finland, Savonlinna.

I'll add pictures today from different angles. I was planning to buy some cable extensions for Sata and GPU due corsair cables are pretty badly planned (4sata power connectors at one module and no 6pin connectors only. 6+2 everything)

I will go air at the start. I have planned watercooling for Core V1 but it's currently not able due price.

Should i go for extension cables to make it look better? I was planning to get cable extensions so that each HHD gets own cable.

Like i said. Today i will be taking pictures later from sides and bottom if i have time.

Ps.

Do you know if there is adaters to "bend" motherboard cable 90 degrees? I was planning to change HDD cables to 90 degree too.

• 2 weeks later...

As my CPU and motherboard was getting old. (Amd Phenom II x6 1055t and Asus motherboard) I chosen to upgrade them. I used to have fulltower cases before this case and well... It was fun to build but it was pain to build too because there was no room compared "normal" case.

This computer and case are still in work in progress but i was suggested to ask here about it if i need help and listen suggests from you.

I was planning to make some cooling improvements to this case later on. I still think i could better cooling to this computer.

So my specs are now:

Asus H97I-PLUS

Intel Core i5 4690k

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

G.skill 8gb 1333Mhz

Core V1 This you might guessed already.

Corsair Gold 80+ 650w full modular

I used old parts from my old computer and RAM, CPU cooler and some case mods are incoming still. I'm currently student so i wont be upgrading everything at once.

When i was installing this computer i had some issues with cables

attachicon.gif20141020_134250.jpg

attachicon.gif20141020_134256.jpg

I just did not get where i should put all my cables. 

I could use some help from this part and I have my old 80mm Shark fans. Other is still waiting adapter because Motherboard does not support all installed at once.

So should i go 200mm full power all the time and put adapter from the PSU?

Oh and almost forgot. What CPU coolant i should go for in this layout? Max temp is only 60c' currently but i'm wanting littlebit more from the cooler than just having "low" temp. It keeps noise as stock easily.

Oh almost forgot. Does Thermaltake sell sidepanels only? I could want to get rid of that window and get better panel to top.

Work in progress parts:

New RAM

New CPU cooler

Installing case fans and getting better screws to them compared those rubber ones

Change some cables

Change cables locations

Buy some adapters.

As you see... List is still long.

Great build man!

btw In the 2nd picture is it me or is the fan blowing in from the back