iRGB PSU messes up the 9 port premium controller.

freewheelin76

I received my iRGB today thinking great, this would be able to sync up the color effects with the floe ring and rad fans that are connected to my 9 port controller and currently synced with asus aura. Not only does it not work but as soon as the psu is plugged into the usb header on the board it seems to completely mess up asus aura on these fans and puts them into a weird, almost colorless flashy state. See short video link below. Is there anyway to use the 9 port controller with the TT software and forget about aura sync?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Xab2qMPPnUckgCtl2

Just adding a little information to this. It looks like the iRGB PSU has permanently wrecked the lighting on both my floe ring and riing plus fans. I reinstalled the old controller and the lighting is still stuck in the same mode as above. the software even recognizes them but will not change out of this buggered color mode. unbelievable. 

Hello,

The iRGB Plus Power Supplies are not supported with the TT SYNC controller as stated on our website.

I see where you are, contact our support for options: https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

If you have any information that states any PSU is compatible with the TT SYNC controller, please share it and we will take care of any misinformation for the inconvenience.

14 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Hello,

The iRGB Plus Power Supplies are not supported with the TT SYNC controller as stated on our website.

I see where you are, contact our support for options: https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

If you have any information that states any PSU is compatible with the TT SYNC controller, please share it and we will take care of any misinformation for the inconvenience.

Turns out it wasn't a bug or incompatibility issue. For whatever reason the psu surged or something and permanently wrecked the lights in the fan and aio. The store was kind enough to give me a new cooler and they all seem to be working now with the regular controller. I just can't uses aura sync. 

As a followup to this I received a new AIO as the other one was pooched. Installed and went back to old controller. working, however I can't plug in the USB to my PSU so it's stuck on stock settings for now. Fast forward day later, MB fried. So that's two items now after using this PSU but the PSU appears to be working. Bizarre. New board is in and back working as intended. 

Question: Can I use the 9 port hub and sync everything to Aura sync safely (other than the PSU of course) and still use the DPS software to control the PSU lighting individually? 

4 hours ago, freewheelin76 said:

As a followup to this I received a new AIO as the other one was pooched. Installed and went back to old controller. working, however I can't plug in the USB to my PSU so it's stuck on stock settings for now. Fast forward day later, MB fried. So that's two items now after using this PSU but the PSU appears to be working. Bizarre. New board is in and back working as intended. 

Question: Can I use the 9 port hub and sync everything to Aura sync safely (other than the PSU of course) and still use the DPS software to control the PSU lighting individually? 

Hi,

As long as your MB is on the support list which needs the +5v RGB LED header. If it is +12V header it does not support addressable.

Glad you have it working, sorry for any issues, the PSU has protections built in like most in the market, if something was going on with the PSU it would have triggered it and shut off.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

As long as your MB is on the support list which needs the +5v RGB LED header. If it is +12V header it does not support addressable.

Glad you have it working, sorry for any issues, the PSU has protections built in like most in the market, if something was going on with the PSU it would have triggered it and shut off.

So I finally was able to use the 9 port controller again to sync up my AIO with asus. I also installed an NZXT internal USB hub to gain more internal 2.0 pinouts. Installed the regular Riing+ controller as well without any fans connected to it for the sole purpose of syncing my iRGB PSU to the tt software to gain the extra color effects. It works! It's still weird how choppy the wave pattern effect is on this 140mm fan. It seems much more smooth on my 120 riing plus fans. 

On 3/19/2018 at 5:19 PM, freewheelin76 said:

So I finally was able to use the 9 port controller again to sync up my AIO with asus. I also installed an NZXT internal USB hub to gain more internal 2.0 pinouts. Installed the regular Riing+ controller as well without any fans connected to it for the sole purpose of syncing my iRGB PSU to the tt software to gain the extra color effects. It works! It's still weird how choppy the wave pattern effect is on this 140mm fan. It seems much more smooth on my 120 riing plus fans. 

Hi,

Could you give us a quick video to show the difference you are seeing? I have used both together in a build and they look fine. Also, let me know what the part number is on the MB you are using.

• 3 months later...
On 3/23/2018 at 3:16 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Could you give us a quick video to show the difference you are seeing? I have used both together in a build and they look fine. Also, let me know what the part number is on the MB you are using.

Sorry for late reply. ended up with the 9 port controller controlling everything but the PSU obviously since it's not supported. Aura effects working much better than TT software effects so I stuck with that plus I wanted lumi strips connected as well. 

• 1 month later...

Ok, forgot about Aura in iRGB PLUs PSU, there is no sign Asus Aura on site near this PSU. But old thermaltake PSU with name GRANT with Aura sync sign on site has direct connection to aura sync , but GRANT doesn’t have USB and DPS software.

But, iRGB Plus  software has a option to sync with PSU.

so, theoretically, if I have for example 3 thermaltake funs with thermaltake hub as I understand I can connect 3 funs and one PSU in one led-network and sync music playing on smartphone via iRGB Plus application.

Am I right?

I have another question, if I will have cooler master case with rgb led and it’s own rgb-controller without software and thermaltake funs with another thermaltake controller

1) can I sync case led with thermaltake funs based on aura sync software? In that case as I understand PSU stay alone. see thermaltake video with asus aura sync and look to the flat light of PSU when aura try to sync music

2) can I sync case led with thermaltake funs and irgb plus PSU based on iRGB Plus software together ? Or in that case cooler master rgb led stay alone ? Can I make connection between two different controller ?

3) if second is impossible , is it possible to switch leds from cooler master controller to thermaltake funs controller or there will be inconvenience?