Riing Plus Digital Lighting Controller Issue

Tack

Ok so where to start. I have 3 Digital Lighting Controllers in my current build. 

1.  From a Riing Plus 120 5pack
  2.  From a Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition
  3.  From a Pacific Lumi Plus

In total I have

• 8x 120mm Riing plus 
  • 1x 140mm Riing plus
  • 3x Lumi plus strips
  • 1x Floe aio

So my many issues started with the software not responding constantly. So I was fed up and reinstalled windows as a end all solution. But that seems to have opened up chaos. 

Now my issues are as follows 

• the software still randomly stops responding.  
  • If i change the color on one controller it changes the color on all the others(flailing arms while saying this)
  • 50% of the time when changing the colors I lose one or two controllers from the software and the only way to bring them back is to unplug the power from the controllers for a few sec.

So far I have tried

• Reinstalling the TT RGB Plus software
  • Reinstalling windows 
  • Different usb headers 
  • Different usb cables
  • Changing the dip switches 

This is on windows 10 pro build:16299.309 using TT RGB Plus software version 1.1.6

Well the controllers and software are already buggy with a few devices and 1 controller. With 3 controllers and up to 9 devices this sounds like a nightmare with no light on the horizon. You could always try the 9 port controller and put everything into that and sync it with your MB but you will lose functionality of the TT software completely and have to use your MB software to configure the lighting. From experience, the lighting effects are smoother this way but you lose some functionality and individuality per device. Good luck my friend. 

Try stepping back a little and go with 1 controller at a time and see if one of them is the culprit.

The color changes with all of the controller if all controller are all on the same profile. - If you want them to be different, assign the controller to different profiles and just set what you want for each. Make sure all the DIP switches are set correctly, it really does not matter which one you assign as long as they are all on different ones.

How do you have the controllers connected? 3? Using the daisy chain cable? make sure #1 is on the USB header and then daisy chain the rest.

6 hours ago, freewheelin76 said:

Well the controllers and software are already buggy with a few devices and 1 controller. With 3 controllers and up to 9 devices this sounds like a nightmare with no light on the horizon. You could always try the 9 port controller and put everything into that and sync it with your MB but you will lose functionality of the TT software completely and have to use your MB software to configure the lighting. From experience, the lighting effects are smoother this way but you lose some functionality and individuality per device. Good luck my friend. 

I would love to use the 9 port controller but it uses the mb digital rgb header and I already have 14feet of digital rgb on the case hooked to my motherboard. So I like having the other software control the TT fans/strips so I have more color options. If it was a 9 port software driven controller and not piggy backing off the mb headers it would be pure bliss

1 hour ago, ThermalMike said:

Try stepping back a little and go with 1 controller at a time and see if one of them is the culprit.

The color changes with all of the controller if all controller are all on the same profile. - If you want them to be different, assign the controller to different profiles and just set what you want for each. Make sure all the DIP switches are set correctly, it really does not matter which one you assign as long as they are all on different ones.

How do you have the controllers connected? 3? Using the daisy chain cable? make sure #1 is on the USB header and then daisy chain the rest.

I have all 3 on different headers. Have also tried daisy chain cable. Also only 2 have they ability to daisy chain as one has a black sticker where the port would be. I have move around controllers and I think two of the controller are bad but what are the chances of that. The two that I am having issues with seem copy what controller 3 does and disappear from the app when I try and fight it. 

Here is when they are sort of working but copying all data from the third controller.

2f549ab730b477e8a340237978d6cd81.thumb.png.eca9e92f6d3c2a91e2934af33c37aaf2.png

75b1909b530e8486c08750ed62d988e1.thumb.png.e28841f81455ad509d1d384d44bf257b.png

fc38bdd259f044f55e072c4db3f28e7c.thumb.png.0d9e98634d8030b2c00fe97fd5c013e2.png

Here is when the two disappear

5aac70b21885f_andtheyaregone.thumb.png.ea9c0cd2acde105d93fc96d925f7faef.png

Here is the dip switches 

229533687e142273d4501db4caa8fc27.png.e7552d9e2eea8bf82c2f8c2992880b02.png

• 2 weeks later...

So I got replacement controllers from support and the only difference is the power cable on the old ones had a chip in-line. 

0FkUWT3.jpg

But it has fixed them losing power. But I still have the issue that if I change a setting on one controller it gets copied to the other controllers 

Hi,

This is the new cable to support newer MB that have these really painful power reduction features. With this it should solve for the issue. 

For the software, I sent you a reply to the PM you send me, you have them all on the same profile, so they will always be the same.

If you want them different, just change your profiles on the controller, this will also be where you might need to switch some  connections to based on how you have it setup.