Toughpower 1500W blows out fuses when plugged in

mirkoj

I have really weird issue with this. Now I;ve got this one for good 3 years now. It was always happening.

When I push the power cable into the power supply and into the socket (remember there is no switch on PSU itself) my house fuses jumps out.
Now I;ve ignore it for some time plug ino and it works but just yesterday I was moving comp to another location and it blew through 2 different really good high quality fuse boxes to blew out main home fuse switch. Talking bout those automatic fuses so you just push them back.
Now beside this I have couple more 1500W and 1200W and none of them is doing this.

I'm starting to wonder if this is normal PSU behavior???
Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi, 

What amp rating do you have on these fuses? Are they at lease 15 or 20AMP fuses??

If not that is likely the issue. Even if you had the switch to turn the PSU on/off it would trip either way. 

Could be something going on with the PSU, hard to say with this info, but still my concern is your safety and to make sure your power in the house is correct for what you want to use it for.

What other 1500W model do you have? Is it a newer model or around the same age as this one?

Fuses and all installations are checked and room for couple machines in there built from scratch.
There is one corsair ax1500i, one superflower or something like that 1600W PSU, this thermaltake 1500W and 3 more corsair 1200W PSU. also one 2200VA ups  with couple stuf on it like server and network but not big load.

So fuses and all installations are really great and this fuse out was happening in every single location where I was plugging this PSU from day one. But back then I figured it is big one so probably normal thing to happen :) Only way to avoid it was when it was plugged to that big UPS first.

I will check tomorrow on those fuses anyway but if I recall correctly house was built to pull up to 50 KW without issues at all.
All in all electric guy checked all installations before building these ones for my small render room and everything on that side is 100% good and covered.

this one also works fine AFTER I get through the jmped out fuses.

so process is: plug power cord into wall socket. fusses out. push all back and after that everything is perfectly fine. even under stress no problem at all.

only that start is a problem :) but will check :)

be careful using it, i really dont suggest that as a solution, would rather you get it replaced if there is something going on. 

I have used this model and others in it series, I dont have this problem, so it could be an issue with the unit itself.

more concerned any safety than function at this point :)