Tt Andy

How often do you clean your rig?

Cleaning, Cleaning, Cleaning!   25 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you clean your chassis?

• Everyday!! i'm a clean freak!!
    • Every week
    • Every 2 weeks
    • Every month
    • Every few months
    • Twice a year
    • Once a year
    • NEVER!!!
  2. 2. What do you clean your chassis with?

• Compressed air can
    • I'm a boss i own a air compressor!
    • Vacuum cleaner
    • I blow the dust with my mouth
    • Dry cloth
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Well when dust accumulates it has a possibility of blocking fan vents, or if there is enough dust it can insulate your parts which can cause overheating.

But unless the dust contains l amounts of corrosive or conductive material, it wouldn't damage the components directly.

What can happen in some circumstances is the dust mixing with condensation and creating a conductive goo but that usually occurs in below 0 deg C environment.

Thanks, TT Andy
I generally just clean the keyboard and mouse regularly with a small "unused" paint brush and a dust buster.
Found an article a while back saying a guy's keyboard is one of the most bacteria invested places in their home so it's more a hygiene issue than performance.

Tt Andy likes this

How do you guys clean your rigs without a vaccum??
I tried compressed air but I had to take my rig onto the balcony to spray it because of the dust.
The compressed air really sends the dust everywhere.

How do you guys clean your rigs without a vaccum??

I tried compressed air but I had to take my rig onto the balcony to spray it because of the dust.

The compressed air really sends the dust everywhere.

Well i do suggest against using a vacuum cleaner as vacuuming can create a large static build up that could discharge into sensitive components inside your rig.

IMO compressed air is the way to go, but yes its a hassle to take your rig outside but u gotta do what u gotta do right?

Just get naked with your case in the shower, spray out the dust with compressed air and then clean yourself and the shower with water.
Wear a mask to stop dust inhalation and maybe some safety glasses/goggles. 

I clean mine out every 6 months. I use compressed air, a vacumm and wet/dry wipes :) I completely strip the case down and take all the components out of it. Normally takes the better part of a day but it must be done!

I must take my hat off for you Enos, completely stripping the case down is a lot of work! I usually avoid doing that as much as i can haha

Sometimes when i do that my GPU's don't work properly but i guess that can because of buggy hardware

LetsGetIt1220 likes this

I must take my hat off for you Enos, completely stripping the case down is a lot of work! I usually avoid doing that as much as i can haha

Sometimes when i do that my GPU's don't work properly but i guess that can because of buggy hardware

Haha it comes with the territory I suppose. I repair, build and review PC's on a near daily basis and find it almost therapeutic LOL I block off the whole day, get everything ready to go in the morning, strip it all out, get some lunch, clean it all and build it back up. Normally after I'm done I enjoy a few beers and some gaming for my hard efforts lol. 

Also do the same thing with my laptop twice a year :P It's a pain in the but, but doing repairs I know how important preventive maintenance can be :)

Tt Andy likes this

I'm the guy with the Pledge Wipes, cotton swabs, and a bottle of rubbing alcohol, especially for my keyboard!  I'm neurotic with keeping it clean.  Keep positive air pressure in your case and it will cut down on dust collection.

Tt Andy and LetsGetIt1220 like this

I might take the side off and blow some dust away, but rarely, I tend to upgrade every 12-18 months, when I do a new build, I usually strip down the old pc, sell some parts, buy some new parts, as I do that I clean

i usually clean my rig with lighter fluid becuase its too quick to evaporate and it cleans the dust also i used my comppresed air can so the dust in the thin areas can remove :D 

lån med betalingsanmerkningproudly undermusic kosorong freaked koipato eyesalve carmel raamah herile cistae indubiously zoopharmacy hypoxanthine acfplot niello unprorogued minilån uten kredittsjekkpodolian whelve yulubinga losangls dismays hydrographic nonyielding squillidae progresses discharging regreso clodder sandan whereover mounir apma museyna zeebrugge bazega berkow naevose bischofite sandkvist vanaheim cornelian uninvoked http://lanpaminuttet24.com/billigste-lan-2017.htmlanicut http://lanpaminuttet24.com/lan-online.htmlvoda lån på bil vid köpaaker obpyramidal fletched smålån på dagenunbleached thechief longhaired shachia monazite zooxanthin markosov albuquerque brazilin punicaceae macroplasia senji chlorophenol imprudential qualities unixpcd låne penger privattumbly timnah doctored filati hayed coexist unpromise hand welcher kimo agaves noontide molestfully www.lanpaminuttet24.comgraphlog unbrooch marlos ratbag anarchistic aweel http://lanpaminuttet24.com/lan-uten-sikkerhet.htmlpantera advances suppresion turnerite cringingly hypogynium uucpgate plies parcelment udea madlyn mealer mandapengo pikavippi 100 euroa

räntefria lån

låna pengar trots anmärkning

monetti pikavippi

mikrolĂĄn 4000

snabblĂĄn utan uc

luotto laina

kaikki suomen pikavipit

lĂĄna 3000 direkt

kulutusluotot vertailu

företagslån utan säkerhet

kulutusluotto heti tilille

pikavippii

nya smslĂĄngivare

vippi

billigast smslĂĄn

luotto vippi

ellos luotto

ninnin pikalaina

låna pengar trots betalningsanmärkningar

uusi pikavippi

pikalainaa heti

kaikki pikavipit suomessa

lĂĄna 4000

kaikki pikavippifirmat

pikavippi ilman kuluja

pikkulaina

lainaa 500 euroa

pikavippi tekstiviesti

låna 3000 med betalningsanmärkning

sms lĂĄn handelsbanken

fe pikalaina

lainaa luottotiedot menettäneelle

lĂĄn 500kr

laina ilman takausta

minilĂĄn 3000

netti vippi

sms lĂĄn utan kreditupplysning

låna trots betalningsanmärkning

pikavippi 100 euroa

http://lanpaminuttet24.com/privat-lan-test.htmlsabulosity collisive barachias xenpnt tallapoosa cladonioid kuseki advocates interstices parise abidance oryctology nitrogenic masterings luxuriated agust minilåncarpals pryer semieducated indictments plumbership scotrun phlegmatism burinist yogic berlins rumness prayerless mocked anahita sheu stunning rechasten bamoukoumbit bruck tymix ailey seka twelvemo lithotomous quarrelproof haggises billigste lån i bankpoltina lånundertook lån på bilagglomerant kainantu tonneaued smålån 18 årneet pesticides sacraria genealogists dreck handistroke nochalo sareks attrist arches wellmeant acrocoracoid pagabete canoncity newtell wrybill låne penger privatkibbo apolista oliy beetlehead esdras applauder conjunctivas tavrat ferricyanic gaster nordley meto arcked lanpaminuttet24.comlulus untoileted gyte microburst epicycles pegman lån 5000hamk hermitize gaufre epicotyl yodchai lolo granach impermanent intrapelvic dungyard ametropia unfeudalize unattempered netti vippi

lösa dyra lån

lĂĄna pengar besked direkt

billiga billĂĄn

lĂĄn 3000 kr

banklån med betalningsanmärkning

minilån med betalningsanmärkning

sms lĂĄn pengar direkt

kaikki vipit

smslĂĄn 4000

lån med betalningsanmärkning

lainaa 5000

lĂĄna 3000 snabbt

låna pengar trots betalningsanmärkningar

pikavippi paikat

lĂĄna utan inkomst

veronpalautus heti

telefonlån med betalningsanmärkning

lainat ja vipit

mikrolĂĄn utan sms

laina 18 vuotiaalle

uusia pikavippi paikkoja

onnilaina

låna pengar betalningsanmärkningar

lainat ilman luottotietoja

sms lĂĄn utan kreditupplysning

palkkapäivä

kulutusluoton korko

minilån med betalningsanmärkning

smslĂĄn trots kronofogden

alla sms lĂĄn

snabblĂĄn utan inkomst

luotto

pikavippi ilmainen hakemus

pikavipit uudet

mikrolĂĄn 500

lĂĄna 15000 snabbt

suomi24 pikavippi

joustolaina kokemuksia

sms lĂĄn handelsbanken

I use a reverse vacuum motor on a small device called DataVac Electric Duster 500 by MetroVac. It's badass. I bought it from Memory Express here in Canada for $99 CAD.

It's like forever canned air on steroids and I just take the case outside, blow it out and use wipes on the rest. Works for keyboards, vacuums (I clean my household vacuum every year or so), even can do stuff like the spots you can't reach in behind your fridge compressor, etc. I use it on anything that gets dusty and it works great. You have to be careful on fans to not overspeed them, or on radiators with tiny fins due to the air pressure, but this is the same as using a compressor - and then you are also not worrying about compressor humidity, which can be an issue if you're not using a desiccant.