How often do you clean your rig?

Tt Andy

Cleaning, Cleaning, Cleaning!  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you clean your chassis?

• Everyday!! i'm a clean freak!!
    • Every week
    • Every 2 weeks
    • Every month
    • Every few months
    • Twice a year
    • Once a year
    • NEVER!!!
  2. 2. What do you clean your chassis with?

• Compressed air can
    • I'm a boss i own a air compressor!
    • Vacuum cleaner
    • I blow the dust with my mouth
    • Dry cloth
    • Other

Well when dust accumulates it has a possibility of blocking fan vents, or if there is enough dust it can insulate your parts which can cause overheating.

But unless the dust contains l amounts of corrosive or conductive material, it wouldn't damage the components directly.

What can happen in some circumstances is the dust mixing with condensation and creating a conductive goo but that usually occurs in below 0 deg C environment.

How do you guys clean your rigs without a vaccum??

I tried compressed air but I had to take my rig onto the balcony to spray it because of the dust.

The compressed air really sends the dust everywhere.

Well i do suggest against using a vacuum cleaner as vacuuming can create a large static build up that could discharge into sensitive components inside your rig.

IMO compressed air is the way to go, but yes its a hassle to take your rig outside but u gotta do what u gotta do right?

I clean mine out every 6 months. I use compressed air, a vacumm and wet/dry wipes :) I completely strip the case down and take all the components out of it. Normally takes the better part of a day but it must be done!

I must take my hat off for you Enos, completely stripping the case down is a lot of work! I usually avoid doing that as much as i can haha

Sometimes when i do that my GPU's don't work properly but i guess that can because of buggy hardware

I must take my hat off for you Enos, completely stripping the case down is a lot of work! I usually avoid doing that as much as i can haha

Sometimes when i do that my GPU's don't work properly but i guess that can because of buggy hardware

Haha it comes with the territory I suppose. I repair, build and review PC's on a near daily basis and find it almost therapeutic LOL I block off the whole day, get everything ready to go in the morning, strip it all out, get some lunch, clean it all and build it back up. Normally after I'm done I enjoy a few beers and some gaming for my hard efforts lol. 

Also do the same thing with my laptop twice a year :P It's a pain in the but, but doing repairs I know how important preventive maintenance can be :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...