Project SunkisTt - Chrome Frame, Candy Paint (Completed)

ThermalMike

Thanks AL!

The holes are dimple die'd, you run the panel through a punch or cut out the hole first, then you put it on a press with another die and press it down to give it the dimple effect.

I have a car buddy that has the machine and it was just a friendly visit to hang out and then do the work.

The Rads have been stripped, sanded and then polished on a wheel to get them where they are in the photos.

I still have some polishing to finish, once I get the remaining parts for final photos.

Been gaming on it in the meantime XD

• 2 months later...

NEW UPDATE!!!

Now that all the tube work was complete and leak tested, I took some time to finish up the wiring for the system and add in the custom BS Mods LED RGB lighting kit that was sent my way for the build.

IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5229.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

Some wire management and clean up the cables.

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

I love to paint and the right color is very important to me. To get a good color mixture of the Mayhems Aurora 2 Silver, I was looking to match the candy tangerine just right with a mix of Orange and Red dyes to get a nice colored coolant to complement the candy paint job.

Mayhems helped out for the project with a series of dyes and coolants.

665.jpg

670.jpg

675.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

Looks to me like this color will do, we will get it added into the system and I will have final photos with the coolant soon.

IMG_5959.jpg

A while back I found some vintage “Sunkist” bottles online, so I picked one up and filled/capped it off with some freshly squeezed Mayhems Aurora 2 Tangerine Red.

715.jpg

For the last touches I wanted to make sure I thanked my sponsors for their support. I had the logos all traced out on my wife’s machine “which I never used before lol” and cut out the logos on some black vinyl to apply to the chassis side window.

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

Here is how it came out on the window :D

IMG_6027_1.jpg