Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/26/2020 in all areas

  1. Ok, rather than remove the board from my system (which I really don't want to do), I've taken photos of the board TT sent me. It doesn't have U1 removed, but I've circled it for illustrative purposes. Hope this helps.
    1 point
  2. OK, I got tired of waiting on ASUS and them asking stupid questions rather than fixing their software. I have a relatively simple modification to the board that will get this working. After tracing out the circuit it's a simple matter of removing U1. Actually you could lift/cut the legs/pins 5 and 6, but removing it maybe easier. Once this is complete, the switch used to switch color/effect/mode no longer works, but I assume you don't want that functionality anyway. Actually you could repurpose this switch as a system reset switch. Just to be clear nothing else needs to be done. I've attached a picture of what the board looks like just so you can see nothing else needs to be done. No need to add wires, short anything, etc. The software will default to 120 LEDs, so if you don't want a gap in the effect (while it's talking to LEDs from 28 - 120) make sure to set that number to 27. Presumably if you have the right connector you could use the ARGB out connector (for the fourth fan) to run an ARGB strip. Of course you'd have to add those LEDs to the total.
    1 point
  3. Great news Bryan, I tried something but, no luck. I tried to take own of the lastprofile.xml file (Total Control), and modify the line : <addressable_strip_led_count key="1">1</addressable_strip_led_count> to <addressable_strip_led_count key="1">27</addressable_strip_led_count> It seems that armoury crate modify this line when you enter manually the led number. But when you look somewhere else in the software, and you return to the led number page, it goes back to 1 ! I tried to lock the file in read only, but the software continue to display 1 even when 27 is always in the file... Other thing : I started to try during an half hour and I notice that my RGB header was unplugged, I forgot to replug it last time I took a look inside my case. And I had one led illuminated on the first fan ! The issue is same whatever the RGB header is plugged or not ! But of course no sync when unplug. EDIT : It seems like the line isn't modified anymore now that the RGB header is plugged.
    1 point
  4. I was thinking like jujunet that the number of leds for the addressable headers must be stored somewhere. No luck searching the registry but after expanding my search I found them! In the Lighting Service folder open the file LastProfile.xml and scroll to the bottom. Ta Da! That's the good news. I uninstalled Aura Sync and replaced it with the latest version of Armory Crate. All my devices are recognized and you can actually update the number of leds. Unfortunately it doesn't stick, completely. You still have to disconnect/reconnect the header to make it work but it persists if you only restart. If you shut down completely it breaks again. Also, check out the LightingService.log file and you'll see that the values seem to be coming from the xml file. It also seems to be calculating and/or writing the number here: AACAddressableStrip::DoMakeLeds. I'm getting close... LightingService.log
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...