Thermaltake Floe DX 360 Triple Riing Duo System stability with TT RGB Plus utility

Dale Furno

I'm having some issues with my Thermaltake Floe DX 360 Triple Riing Duo.

Since installing the setup, I've been experiencing system stability issues. 

When the TT RGB Plus software is running, at random intervals I am getting serious audio crackle and stuttering. Video playback is also severely affected. I notice it frequently when the system goes to sleep and is then woken back up, but sometimes it happens during normal use as well.

In task manager, I noticed that the 'Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation' is using excessive CPU (between 8% and 20%) and the power usage is very high (attached image)

If I end the 'Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation' task, it restarts itself and audio returns to normal for a short time, but the issue always returns. 

If I go into device manager and disable all of the NVIDIA audio devices, and then restart the TT RGB Plus utility as well as the 'Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation', it seems to run normally, but I haven't run it long enough to see if this makes the problem go away for any length of time. This isnt really a fix anyway because I need the Nvidia audio devices to be working. 

If I uninstall the TT RGB Plus utility, and unplug the TT fan controller from the USB port on the mobo, the system returns to normal, but this means the fans just run in their stock form and I cannot change any of the colors. 

This problem has persisted across 2 systems, I previously had the Floe installed on my i7 7700k, z170-pro4, gtx1050 system and had the same exact issue. Initially I thought it was a GPU problem, but then I reinstalled my old gtx1050 and then tried a gtx1070 and the problem persists, so I dont think its a problem with the GPU. I also used the DDU to uninstall the Nvidia drivers and reinstalled them between each try. At the bottom is a youtube video of the stuttering.  

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? 

Can I use a Thermaltake Sync Controller with these fans and just use the ASUS AURA utility instead? 

If i can use the TT sync controller, where can I buy one? they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Current specs:

i9 9900k

Asus Maximus XI Hero mobo

TridentZ 3866 ram

Rog Strix RTX2080ti (driver 442.59)

ROG Thor 1200w psu

Samsung 970 EVO m.2

Windows 10 fresh install.

Running latest drivers and most recent windows build. 

I purchased the Floe DX on Jan 28, 2020 through Amazon. here's a link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WF72JZT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks,

Dale.

Capture.PNG