GT Level 10 Snow Edition, HotSwap Power?

Ianoster

I've put together my Level 10, but I'm having issues with my hard drives registering, when they aren't in the hot swap bays, they work fine. I'm trying to find out where the power cord for the bays are located, I've found a small four pin female molex near the bottom next to the PSU but I wasn't sure if that was it, since the case didn't come with any such cords. Please help if you can, thank you.

I have the same case, but I'm not taking my side panel off to take a picture because it'll expose the absolute wire spaghetti mess a have between it and the MB, so I pulled a pic from the internet.  The bays are all powered by one power cable, see included pic.  Your power supply should of come with a cable you can connect to the end of the cable that is connected to the array.

post-220-0-78254800-1418775625_thumb.jpg

Hello,

There should be (2) molex there, one for the fan and one for the lights.

For the HDD bays, all 5 are hot swap capable.

Thanks Happy for the image :) Take a look on the back side there and check to see if any of the connections (Like the ones you are having issues with) are not getting connected all the way or look damaged. We can look into replacement of the cable over the entire case to make it easy.

If you want to go over this in more detail, give us a call :)

(Check info in sig)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry, with the late response been working. My snow edition isn't like the case in the picture. The sata drive anf power are merged into one, and I have all my sata cables plugged into the mobo. Can anyone get a picture of the cable?

Can you upload a picture? Or pictures?

I am also having this very same issue with the Snow Edition case. However, reading just now. Even though the 5 spots are hot swap, don't we still have to connect a Sata cable from each spot to the motherboard, that will be used? It's been almost 10 years since I have built a rig, so please forgive my ignorance as I ride this bicycle all over again. Lol.

Either that or drivers need to be installed? I have already turned on AHCI and I currently have my SSD in the second spot from the bottom, but it's not being recognized.

• 3 months later...

I am also having this very same issue with the Snow Edition case. However, reading just now. Even though the 5 spots are hot swap, don't we still have to connect a Sata cable from each spot to the motherboard, that will be used? It's been almost 10 years since I have built a rig, so please forgive my ignorance as I ride this bicycle all over again. Lol.

Either that or drivers need to be installed? I have already turned on AHCI and I currently have my SSD in the second spot from the bottom, but it's not being recognized.

I am having the same problem. The docking station isn't being recognized in Hot Swap. It only reads upon a reboot. Using an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MB and AHCI is enabled. I have a Chaser MK-I case.

• 2 weeks later...

My SATA connection look different. I know that the regular SATA Wire is in a Spagetti Style. I got the Case from NewEgg this year so I don't know if this is an upgrade of Thermaltake or if it's obsolete. Received the case March 2016. Bellow a picture that you Guyscan see what I am talk about. It's a compact PCB board with one Power inlet.

level10.jpg