Hayden McMahon - ThermalTake Ghost - TTUK2020CaseModChallenge

YWik2mE.png

Hello you wonderful people,

Im Hayden also known as TheMahano, Im from London, but moved to Manchester, Im 21 years old.  I have been a tech enthusiast for over 6-7 years now, I work as an IT Consultant, and a content creator on twitch/YouTube (somewhat). I built my first "Gaming Computer" back when I was like 14, I turned a generic desktop computer into a somewhat gaming computer, This is where I dabbled firstly in "case modding". The metal case I used half sized PCI slots, and the case wouldn't fit the 750ti I had, so I cut a hole in the side of the case and removed the side panel. This lasted a couple of years till I built a new PC!

I don't want to give away my idea just yet, and would hope the people interested will follow my build and find out, but im going to put more time and effort into this build than any other build I have done! I hope the name gives a slight clue. 

Thanks to all the sponsors and partners for the epic part list below (still waiting on the CPU and Ram).

• ThermalTake View 51 Snow
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Thermaltake Toughram RGB 32GB 3000Mhz
  • ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming
  • ASUS Radeon RX 5700
  • 500GB Seagate FireCuda 520
  • 14TB Seagate IronWolf Pro
  • 850W Thermaltake Toughpower GF1
  • Thermaltake Pacific Hard Tube Water Cooling Kit
  • Thermaltake Pacific V-RX 5700 Series Plus GPU Waterblock
  • Thermaltake Water Cooling Pacific Hard Tube Bending Kit
  • 300mm Thermaltake TtMod Sleeved Cables
  • 300mm Thermaltake TT Premium PCIe Extender

20200323_184416.jpg

I would like to thank ThermalTake and all the Sponsors for giving me this opportunity and sending me the parts. I hope my build logs/vlogs will entertain you guys and help inspire more people to be creative and build some epic custom rigs. 

#Thermaltake, #ScanComputers #AMD #Asus #Seagate

I hope everyone stays safe and have a wonderful day!

*Update 1: 16/04/2020
So far I haven't done much due to COVID 19. I do not have enough space in my house to do what I need to do and planned to perform the build at a friends workstation. Introduction video coming out soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Update 2: 07/05/2020
Due to the corona virus it has limited on the amount of modding I can do. Due to having limited space in my house, I have no where to perform the modifications. This was originally going to be done at a friends house who has a workshop, Originally I didn't think the lockdown would last this long so I waited, however it looks like I am going to have to find the space.. I didn't want to leave you guys with nothing so here is what I have done so far.
1. I decided to build the parts in the case to see what the case is like etc. (without the watercooling). see image below.

kRgRWYU.jpg

2. Of course to get more performance out of the RX 5700 I flashed it with an RX 5700 XT Bios. This worked successfully and you get about a 7-10% fps increase.
If you guys would like to see benchmarks of the difference I will be happy to make a video!
Mo6g5vZ.pngWzoZGep.png
3. After waiting, I have recieved a bunch of parts needed for the modifications, I just need to start the updating, Notes: It will include, sandpaper, paint, saw, 3D printer, Laser Cutter, and dog tags

• 1 month later...